Force Realist Academy
You must be at least 19 years of age to join Force Realist Academy.

Musings of The Spirit: The Skywalker Chronicles

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Musings of The Spirit: The Skywalker Chronicles

Post by SkywalkerInfinite on Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:25 pm

I: Introduction

Before I can commence my musings on matters of religion, philosophy, metaphysics, and the like as a student of the Way of the Jedi, I suppose I will begin by laying the groundwork for them by explaining my own vantage point concerning religion and philosophy.

a. Religious Affiliation
With regards as to how I affiliate religiously, I honestly do not do so, even as a student of the Way of the Jedi (which I consider to be more of a practical philosophy than a religion). My reason as to why I disaffiliate is simply because of what I have come to acknowledge regarding religions: they are the products of what either an individual or group of people understand about the Universe, Life, the deeper questions, etc. by way of experience. Unless any belief were to be reflected in my own individual experiences in Life or through my own contemplation, then I could not truthfully claim to adhere to it. This is now my guiding rule concerning religion in general.

b. Beliefs
As for my specific beliefs, I try to be minimalist regarding them, and am known for always keeping an open mind and being willing to consider different perspectives on Life. I have always displayed an eagerness to learn new things about the world, often saying,

“The less I know, the more I can learn.”

From my own experiences and via my own contemplation, there are a few core convictions that I hold.

Regarding life itself and the Universe, I believe in a single Principle which expresses Itself in a duality of forces, the varied interactions between these cause the occurrences of life and maintain the harmony and balance within the Universe. 

Regarding deities and other spirit beings, I do theoretically acknowledge the existence of, literally, an infinitude of deities and other spirit beings. I also believe that each thing has a distinct soul or spirit, as well as a spiritual energy which flows from the Great Force. 

As for the matter of life after death, I believe simply that everything becomes decomposed into their source materials and reunites with them, with the soul and spirit energy reunite with the Force.

As for the purpose of existence, I believe that each thing in existence has its own path in life granted it by the Universe, that as determined by its nature. Hindus and Buddhists know this concept as “dharma”. The goal of life is for each thing to achieve harmony with the Universe through living in accordance with its Path. Though, in order for the Path to become known, one must first come to know one's own Self. 

c. Philosophical Influences
Concerning philosophy, I'm an Eclectic, borrowing mainly from Taoism and Advaita Vedanta. Other philosophical influences include Stoicism, Shinto, and Zen Buddhism. 

d. Final Portion
With the introduction complete, my musings will hopefully make sense and my thoughts, perfectly recorded. This will be but a flowing record of all of my experiences. Now that I have a goal, I'm ready to walk the Path. I will not yield to fear, for The Force is with me.......

- Bruce Lee
SkywalkerInfinite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Musings of The Spirit: The Skywalker Chronicles

Post by Micheal on Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:23 am

First, I wish to say I look forward to learning with you!  The thirst for knowledge you posess is one I share.

Question, you speak to a few martial arts philosophies and have a Bruce Lee quote.  Do you study the martial arts?  If so which?  and if not what about the philosophy do you appreciate?

Light Head of Aspect
Light Head of Aspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SkywalkerInfinite on Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:06 am

Though, I do not study any martial arts currently, I am interested in the philosophy of the art created by Bruce Lee himself known as ‘Jeet Kune Do’. One quote for which he is especially remembered is this:

“Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water.Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.” 

This is fundamental idea in which my entire experience with religion and spirituality, even my entire existence, has been reflected. 

- Bruce Lee
SkywalkerInfinite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Micheal on Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:13 am

Nods, thank you for the perspective.

Where I read the quote and think it sad, I am glad he said it.  Too many need to hear that because they have this belief that they can be formed by others.

Bruce found early on that each person is different, so in stating this, he let everyone around him know that he did not expect them to be like him... (He would not have a following if he did... he was just that good).

We all have differences, mental and physical. Which when we look to teach others, have to be taken into account.  Hence why the dual learning. 

Reality is... we all spend not enough time learning about other people... which I think blinds us individually in many ways.

And hypocritically. expect person A will be able to learn like person B.  Not always.

Light Head of Aspect
Light Head of Aspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SkywalkerInfinite on Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:20 am

Indeed, Micheal. 

- Bruce Lee
SkywalkerInfinite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SkywalkerInfinite on Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:17 am

II: Adapt To Any Context

One of the biggest lessons I've learned thus far is the importance of being flexible in religion. Adapt to any environment. Earlier this morning, this realization began to become clear to me while reminiscing about my social interactions as a schoolboy. 

In school, I wasn't popular in any specific clique. I never quite fit in. Although, I was the kid who was cool with everyone. It never mattered to me what group it was. Black kids, Hispanics, nerds, country kids, artsy kids, Jesus Freaks, even kids who were lesbian, gay, or bisexual...I accepted every clique. Though, again, I never...fit....in. Anywhere. I was an outsider. 

IT DAWNED ON ME.

The very thing that I have been worrying about leaving behind as I slowly march towards grown adulthood is the same thing which held the golden key to the door which points me to my religious path. (This, I have, truthfully, wrestled with for years.) I must learn to be like water. Flow. Stated as a more definitive (and, in my case, unalterable) rule in the words of Aurelius Ambrosius given to the Christians, inspired by his own views of liturgy:

(English Translation)

“If you should be in Rome, live in the Roman manner; if you should be elsewhere, live as they do there.”

The modern equivalent of the above being:

“When in Rome, do as the Romans do.”

Eureka! Again, I have lain sight upon the aforementioned golden key! Yet, another thought occurred to me: what about private religion? The guiding rule given above deals only with public practice. Taking my cues from the society of the religiously tolerant Ancient Roman Empire, in which such a distinction was made and the only rule was not to disrespect the public State Religion, this is another unalterable and important rule. An additional clause affixed to the previous rule, perhaps.

“Adapt to the dominant religion (whichever it may be) in public and/or simply respect it (inversely, do not disrespect it). If such respects are paid as they ought to be, I will grant myself full private liberty.”

Addendum to Musing II: Concerning the private dimension of my path, that of a polytheistic Eclectic Jedi, may I never relent or waiver. The Force is always with me....

- Bruce Lee
SkywalkerInfinite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SkywalkerInfinite on Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:06 pm

III: Dark Night, Bright Light

This musing I write in light of my recent attempt at reconciling with my now former religion. I feel disillusioned by it, truthfully. My disillusionment stems from an issue I struggled with early on: the Second Coming of Christ. It wasn't easy to accept the first time around.  In light of the facts concerning Jewish prophecies about the Messiah, I have concluded that Jesus was not it; by extension, Bahá’u’lláh (the founder of my former religion) was neither the Jewish Messiah nor the Second Coming of Christ. There is no second coming of the messiah in Judaism. He is to come once and once only, fulling all of the prophecies regarding Him in that time. I feel duped; this has completely depleted my trust in prophetic religions (i.e. Abrahamic religions), as well as the monotheism upon which they all are built. Hopefully, my return to polytheism will not come with the same disillusionments and subsequent regret. 

- Bruce Lee
SkywalkerInfinite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Setanaoko on Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:38 am

I'm not looking to convert you or anything, but this might be of interest to you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkZpZjF-xP4

This is about Daniel's prophecy and (for me) it is confirmed to still be accurate of today as apparent by the vote in favor of Brexit.  But concerning NT prophecy, I'm still not sold on Revelations.  But prophecy of the OT does seem relevant in some regards.  But it will take a great deal of time to be completely fulfilled.

Ultimately, I think that too often people rely too heavily on prophecy to support their purpose for believing in their religion.  It's also of note that many polytheistic religions had a reliance on more "imminent" prophecy.
Setanaoko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SkywalkerInfinite on Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:19 pm

IV: Return To Faith

A little more than two weeks ago, I had underwent a deep spiritual rebirth.  I began to become rather emotional about my faith in God. I started to ask myself,

How could I have be so mindless as to forget His Plan for my life? What about Bahá’u’lláh? His Teachings never cease to so passionately move my spirit! How could I be so arrogant, so full of pride as to say that I was able to live without The Blessed Beauty?! I don't want to do this anymore, God!”

Soon after that experience, I made a firm resolve: that I was going to perservere through any disruptive disturbances that occur within my mind, telling me to flee the shelter of that most holy and sacred Tree of Life.  Again, I do so now:

GOD, GIVE ME STRENGTH TO REMAIN STEADFAST IN YOUR CAUSE. 

- Bruce Lee
SkywalkerInfinite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SkywalkerInfinite on Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:52 am

V: The Pendulum of the Mind

Back again, towards the other end,
the end of things I think I know,
or shall I say, I once had thought.
Swing! Swing, oh thou Great Pendulum!
Betwixt conceptions of Essence Divine,
singular or manifold.

Settle Thine own Self and still Thy ponderings!
Enter into the longed-for state of being, 
Enter, and cease to ever be pushed and pulled
by such thoughts as but mirrors of Thine own Essence.

Choose Ye this day, Ye that are restless!
Today and, yes, forevermore!
To lie as a hollow corpse,
lifeless and blind to the illusion with which Thou hast deluded Thyself!

Avert Thine eyes and quicken Thy Being!
Oh Thou, Noble Pendulum!
Findeth Ye Thy Gentle Rest!
Be Still and swing no more.

- Bruce Lee
SkywalkerInfinite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SkywalkerInfinite on Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:36 pm

After a bit of time for reflection, lately I have been considering giving full credence to the subtly but powerfully influence force that is Hinduism. Since being introduced to it at the age of 11, it served to inspire some of the deeper ways by which I relate to life. From my monistic polytheism and openness to the concepts of karma, dharma, and reincarnation to my adherence to the straight-edge lifestyle and the adoption of a vegetarian diet, Hinduism will forever enchant me. Beginning towards the end of this year, I will dedicate a period of seven months to studying and fully immersing myself in various aspects of the Hindu religion as well as the Indian culture from which it was birthed. I have nothing short of high hopes that my search for not just a deeply meaningful religious life, but also an enriched understanding of a culture very different from my own, will be fruitful.

- Bruce Lee
SkywalkerInfinite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Micheal on Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:00 am

That is quite the exploration and I commend you for it.  Please keep us updated on your pursuit!

Light Head of Aspect
Light Head of Aspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortox on Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:48 pm

SkywalkerInfinite wrote:After a bit of time for reflection, lately I have been considering giving full credence to the subtly but powerfully influence force that is Hinduism. Since being introduced to it at the age of 11, it served to inspire some of the deeper ways by which I relate to life. From my monistic polytheism and openness to the concepts of karma, dharma, and reincarnation to my adherence to the straight-edge lifestyle and the adoption of a vegetarian diet, Hinduism will forever enchant me. Beginning towards the end of this year, I will dedicate a period of seven months to studying and fully immersing myself in various aspects of the Hindu religion as well as the Indian culture from which it was birthed. I have nothing short of high hopes that my search for not just a deeply meaningful religious life, but also an enriched understanding of a culture very different from my own, will be fruitful.

On to another religion already? How long will it take you to grow tired of this one too? I wonder, can you stick with anything or will you be doomed to circle your own tail for the rest of your days on Earth?

Potentate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Micheal on Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:55 am

I did not latch onto my current religion until I was 35.  Prior to then I explored as many different religions I could think of.  Some can find what fits them in an instant, some need to explore.  I am glad I explored what was available.

Now, when I have a 14 year old son who wants to become a son of Odin, I can speak intellectually with him over it.

Or when my wife speaks of the fact she can make Fo(?) soup which is only made with pork or meat... I can ask her how did the orientals know about the Hindu's and Jews predilections? (Joking about the fact that Hindu's hold cows sacred and Jews consider porcine unclean)

Light Head of Aspect
Light Head of Aspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top