Force Realist Academy
You must be at least 19 years of age to join Force Realist Academy.

Breathing Focus Balance

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Breathing Focus Balance

Post by DamascusAquarius1972 on Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:32 am

The three things one needs to master in order to become Force sensitive and Force directive:

Breathing = the movement of all Energy and Life

Focus = the ability to ignore some thoughts while dwelling on others / also the ability to imagine, create and manifest within the will

Balance = the skill that allows harmony and peace to be attained within the Consciousness 

"Remember your focus determines your reality." - Qui Gonn Jinn

"Truth Changes Everything!" - Damascus Aquarius, Reign of the Era, Bearing the Water
DamascusAquarius1972

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breathing Focus Balance

Post by Mortox on Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:44 am

DamascusAquarius1972 wrote:The three things one needs to master in order to become Force sensitive and Force directive:

Breathing = the movement of all Energy and Life

Focus = the ability to ignore some thoughts while dwelling on others / also the ability to imagine, create and manifest within the will

Balance = the skill that allows harmony and peace to be attained within the Consciousness 

"Remember your focus determines your reality." - Qui Gonn Jinn

"Truth Changes Everything!" - Damascus Aquarius, Reign of the Era, Bearing the Water

Hello, Damascus Aquarius1972. Why have you posted this in my aspects's discussion area as opposed to General Discussion or Light Discussion?

Potentate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DamascusAquarius1972 on Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:09 pm

To see what your thoughts are about it?
DamascusAquarius1972

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortox on Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:55 pm

DamascusAquarius1972 wrote:To see what your thoughts are about it?

Breath? Yes, although there are aggressive forms which also work.

Focus? Absolutely!

Balance? If it serves you. There are times I find the raging inferno more effective to get what I desire. Other times, a more balanced and restrictive approach serves best.

Potentate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DamascusAquarius1972 on Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:56 pm

This is great.

So Balance doesn't serve you?

Interesante, ever hear of Homeostasis?  How about the inner ear Cochlea and it's balance function?  Another think if you notice most living creatures are symmetrical in nature which means they have two equal sides.  Now this is not the case with every species of animals - but definitely mammals; birds; reptiles and bugs.  And we are of course primates.
DamascusAquarius1972

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortox on Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:48 pm

DamascusAquarius1972 wrote:This is great.

So Balance doesn't serve you?

Interesante, ever hear of Homeostasis?  How about the inner ear Cochlea and it's balance function?  Another think if you notice most living creatures are symmetrical in nature which means they have two equal sides.  Now this is not the case with every species of animals - but definitely mammals; birds; reptiles and bugs.  And we are of course primates.

There are times balance serves me and times it does not. 

Also, I am familiar with Homeostasis.

Potentate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by David on Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:26 pm

Damascus,

What if I told you yin and yang were human conventions to make sense of the S shaped line, and within that line there is enough room for not only yellow or blue but polka dots and neon art deco?

Dark Head of Aspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DamascusAquarius1972 on Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:12 am

David,

Everything filtered through human Consciousness is a human convention.  Infinite possibilities are always a good thing regarding the space between the spaces.
DamascusAquarius1972

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by David on Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:22 pm

I sense your uberthesis to be that there is no remainder to the mathematics of infinity.

Dark Head of Aspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DamascusAquarius1972 on Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:46 pm

I have no uber thesis.  Mathematics is a universal language created with intelligent design by the Force.
DamascusAquarius1972

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by David on Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:05 pm

Everyone has one, whether they know it or not. To deny it is absurd as denying morality or ideals. Besides, it's just a saying. What I meant to say is that between the two camps of those that think that everything within totality eventually must "add up" or make cohesive sense and those that question the theory, you belong to the former camp. No?

Now that you mention mathematics being created by the force, do you believe the force is a creative agent? If so, how much of reality as we know it is a product of force?

Dark Head of Aspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by VixensVengeance on Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:54 pm

Ok I just stumbled onto this by accident and it has Intrigued me. I guess you scared damascus away but i would like to hear more about this "remainder" to the balance of reality?
VixensVengeance
Dark Initiate
Dark Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by David on Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:59 pm

VixensVengeance wrote:Ok I just stumbled onto this by accident and it has Intrigued me. I guess you scared damascus away but i would like to hear more about this "remainder" to the balance of reality?

I didn't mean to.

It's just that some people are of mind that everything must add up. They feel that there is some sense to be made of "the big everything" even if it is inaccessible to them. Like Captain Spock, they have concluded that there is a logical explanation for everything.

So, I question it. Must it all add up? Is there logic to be found regardless of how deep we dig?

Nonsensical questions are easy. Like, why is a mouse when it turns? The words are an abuse of our language. Other, more existential conundrums, are unsolvable. Thus, faith steps in where logic fails - if one insists on an answer.

In context, what if all observable balance exists solely inside the systemic perception of the observer?

Wonka wrote:Invention, my dear friends, is ninety-three percent perspiration, . . . six percent electricity, . . . four percent evaporation, . . . and two percent butterscotch ripple.
Mrs. Teevee wrote:That's a hundred and five percent!

Dark Head of Aspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by VixensVengeance on Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:00 pm

Well he apparently had no staying power.  Twisted Evil

I like this idea that things don't need to add up. It reminds me of the matrix where "the one" is the remainder to an imbalancable equation no matter how much the logical machines insist it should be able to be balanced.

Although I'm not sure faith is the answer to this conundrum. Faith is a leap outside of the bounds of logic to arrive at a conclusion not in evidence. But without the proof to back it up it becomes a position that we have no way to know if it is true or not. That leaves us with the possibility that we may believe things that are false.

So given this, it's best to just say we don't know whether this exists or not rather than invent some conclusion that is possibly erroneous. In any event if we view this universe as a closed system, that suggests that a balance is built into this reality. However if this universe is not a closed system, then there could very well be forces at work that would facilitate this "remainder". 

So the question I wonder is are we closed or not and if we are not what is it that has allowed for this remainder? And is this remainder ultimately an illusion if we expand our realm of knowledge and understanding far enough?
VixensVengeance
Dark Initiate
Dark Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by David on Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:08 am

Precisely!

All evidence would indicate that the answer to those closing questions still falls upon the world view, and thus bias, of the observer.

For example, let us say that every American household has an average of 2.5 children. While we understand that no household has half a child, we also know it mathematically possible as an average.

Yet, this example is working within a field of known variables. It comes then as no surprise that the impossible .5 child "truth" can be known. Scientific thought reaches into the unknown by making predictions. Vedic astrology could predict the movement of stars with exact precision thousands of years before Galileo's model. It's only problem was being inside out! Laughing

I conclude that it is more prudent to observe the effects of ideas upon people than the accuracy of the ideas they entertain. Cool

Dark Head of Aspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by VixensVengeance on Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:49 am

David wrote:

I conclude that it is more prudent to observe the effects of ideas upon people than the accuracy of the ideas they entertain. Cool

I would agree to an extent but I think it is actually the accuracy of the idea that drives the effects (and subsequent action), so I see them as linked. People come up with the stupidest stuff because they want to see patterns where none exist and they have a tendency to fill in gaps in knowledge with leaps of faith.

For example, a term like Theory, when used in everyday language does not mean what it means to a scientist. To the layman theory means a guess, but to a scientist it is the height of knowledge based on overwhelming factual data that has been exceedingly well tested. However this does not stop people from trying to apply the layman term to the scientific process. Because of this people come up with garbage like intelligent design and then want to replace the theory of evolution with it in our schools!! Bad process all around.

Another example of your .5 kids, and one of my favorites because its another example of stupid thinking, is the question of what is infinity plus infinity... or better yet what is infinity minus infinity. Many people will come up with the answers to these questions as either infinity or zero. And they could use this to "prove" that the universe is balanced. However in actuality both these answers are wrong.

In fact the answer cannot be determined because infinity is not actually a number! But people want to erroneously think of it that way. Actually infinity is a concept. It is used in mathematics as a symbol of a process (of counting) that goes on forever. So when we understand that, we then have to take into account other factors like how fast is this counting happening in either direction. (positive or negative)

If its happening in one direction faster than another then the answer to the question would not be zero but some other number on the scale at any point in time. For me this is the very definition of this remainder we are speaking of in reality. That remainder may be there or it may not be there and it may be positive or it may be negative. It depends on how fast the "counting" is going and at what point in time we "take the measurement"!
VixensVengeance
Dark Initiate
Dark Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by David on Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:32 pm

VixensVengeance wrote:I would agree to an extent but I think it is actually the accuracy of the idea that drives the effects (and subsequent action), so I see them as linked. People come up with the stupidest stuff because they want to see patterns where none exist and they have a tendency to fill in gaps in knowledge with leaps of faith.

Of course they are. Smile The whole thing, if I can use several movie quotes to tell a narrative, is like a cut on the roof of your mouth that would heal if you could only quit tonguing it. [1] That's it! See, at first I thought it was hate, too. Hate was all I knew, it built my world, it imprisoned me, taught me how to eat, how to drink, how to breathe. I thought I'd die with all my hate in my veins. But then something happened. It happened to me... just as it happened to you. You found something else. In that cell you found something that mattered more to you than life.[2] Passion and purpose go hand in hand. When you discover your purpose, you will normally find it’s something you’re tremendously passionate about. [3] It is purpose that created us. Purpose that connects us. Purpose that pulls us. That guides us. That drives us. It is purpose that defines us. Purpose that binds us.

[1] Fight Club [2] V for Vendetta [3] Steve Pavlina [4] Matrix

My point here is not relativism but the futility of both arguing with idiots and attempting to know the unknowable. I guess I have reached the point where the answer, regardless of what it might be, is irrelevant to my life. Furthermore, I recognize that my specific fascination is unique to me. And while I find it superior in every way, other people can and do become passionate about things I find idiotic. It is only through this acceptance of others' passions that this forum exists.

Dark Head of Aspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by VixensVengeance on Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:26 pm

I would also hope that this forum exists for those that share similar passions as you and want to discuss them In the context of equal footing. Meaning I hope you don't consider everyone idiotic and that occasionally your worldview evolves as a result of said discussions.
VixensVengeance
Dark Initiate
Dark Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by David on Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:16 am

VixensVengeance wrote:I would also hope that this forum exists for those that share similar passions as you and want to discuss them In the context of equal footing.
I enjoy making things, fabrication. I rely on wood because it is easy and the tools required are cheap. But, truth be known I get a kick out of making anything, the medium of which is best determined by the purpose of the piece being made. As there aren't many woodworking smiths these days, I often find myself talking about the nature of fascination  (passion) instead of my specific fascination.

Meaning I hope you don't consider everyone idiotic and that occasionally your worldview evolves as a result of said discussions.
Yes and no. On the one hand everyone is a star. I can marvel at the genius within most people; the feat is a matter of slowing down enough to look. Yet, I place such value on empirical knowledge that my arrogance allows me to argue with experts. Sometimes I am gravely wrong, but I have no qualms about admitting error. In fact, it's a point of pride! I boast that I screw up more before breakfast than the average person does all day. While the numbers aren't actual, it's my southern (backward, country logic) way of saying that success is a number game and risk of failure should never factor into the aggression in which it should be pursued. All this, of course, goes to outline the learning process - a thing which idiots do not do. Their working knowledge is arrested, crystalline, and unwavering. Regardless of any evidence presented to their contrary, they return only to repeat themselves. Furthermore, the mind itself is biased. Within the symbolic language of thought, each is punctuated as an imperative. Under those conditions, the only learning idiots are interested in are ideas which support, that is justify, their views.

To be continued...

Next morning/ where the hell was I in this ramble? Ah, yes. I say this not to imply that change must occur, nor to say that verification is necessarily a bad thing. The point is that to approach life with a scientific spirit means that empirical data is used exactly as it occurs, without bias or agenda.

That said, what other confession could I make other than to say that every experience changes my world view to some degree. I think it's a matter of relativity; most people only count large or painful instances of change as learning. But, it is a discredit to their learning processes.

Dark Head of Aspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top