Force Realist Academy
You must be at least 19 years of age to join Force Realist Academy.

Chernobyl Diaries

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Chernobyl Diaries

Post by Mortox on Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:29 pm

VixensVengeance wrote:But what if there is no law maker? What if there is no divine law?

What is there is no law maker or divine order

If there is no law maker or divine order, good and evil become nothing more than concepts localized to human thinking; they have no universal reality or impact.

VixensVengeance wrote:You are allowing this law maker to set the rules of what is good in contrast to what is evil that you then have the choice to break or not break. It leaves you still under the power of this law maker whether you chose to obey or not.

Allowing? You write as if I have authority over divinity; for the record, I do not.


VixensVengeance wrote:I would think one such as yourself would reject such a concept of a law giver and take that power to create your own morality into yourself. In effect you become the divine law maker.

Why would you think that, especially when you do not know me?

"Denial is easy, especially when one's ego is thoroughly stroked with a false sense of personal empowerment as a result." - Mortox

_________________
avatar
Mortox
Potentate
Potentate

Posts : 178
Points : 350
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2017-09-01
Age : 33
Location : The Oblate Spheroid, Planet Earth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chernobyl Diaries

Post by VixensVengeance on Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:38 pm

[size=39]I find it curious that you continue to hide behind short replies and the phrase that I don't know you. What is it that you are trying to conceil and yet are so desperate to expose? I don't have to know you, at least in a personal sense, I've met a million individuals just like you. So angry at a god whose existence you can't even justify but still you continue to use as an excuse to define your own Individuality. I find it pathetic. I hope one day you can free yourself from this crutch and become what you were truly meant to be - a truly powerful entity that answers to none!![/size]
avatar
VixensVengeance
Dark Initiate
Dark Initiate

Posts : 121
Points : 134
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2017-09-23
Age : 42

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chernobyl Diaries

Post by Mortox on Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:00 pm

VixensVengeance wrote:I've met a million individuals just like you. So angry at a god whose existence you can't even justify but still you continue to use as an excuse to define your own Individuality.

You have met a million individuals just like me? I suspect that is a figure of speech...


So angry at a god whose existence I can not even justify? 

First, why do you presume I am angry at this deity?


VixensVengeance wrote:I find it pathetic. I hope one day you can free yourself from this crutch and become what you were truly meant to be - a truly powerful entity that answers to none!!

Perhaps you are under the impression that your opinions regarding my faith are somehow relevant to me; they are not. Furthermore, I find it mildly amusing that you seem to know "what I am truly meant to be". Where ever do you get such profound insight?

_________________
avatar
Mortox
Potentate
Potentate

Posts : 178
Points : 350
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2017-09-01
Age : 33
Location : The Oblate Spheroid, Planet Earth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chernobyl Diaries

Post by VixensVengeance on Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:12 pm

Because it is my insight and it is what I perceive everyone is meant to be. Free and free of any controlling God that seems to want to make rules for us rather than let us live our lives as we so choose. You choose to accept that such a deity exists but you also choose to defy that deity's rules. I choose to deny that deity even exists. Even more so I make the claim that I am that deity and I make the rules for myself as I so choose. It is the concept that I define what is good and what is evil within myself. I take that power from any external Influence. You fail to do that.

But even if a deity exists, between my philosophy and yours which is the most rebellious? One that chooses to rebel from divine order like yours or one that chooses to deny that divine order even exists, like mine?
avatar
VixensVengeance
Dark Initiate
Dark Initiate

Posts : 121
Points : 134
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2017-09-23
Age : 42

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chernobyl Diaries

Post by Mortox on Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:56 pm

VixensVengeance wrote:Because it is my insight and it is what I perceive everyone is meant to be. Free and free of any controlling God that seems to want to make rules for us rather than let us live our lives as we so choose. You choose to accept that such a deity exists but you also choose to defy that deity's rules.

I live my life as I choose and I suspect most humans do likewise. If the way some choose to live is contrary to divine order, I reason that they will still choose to live as this see fit.

VixensVengeance wrote:I choose to deny that deity even exists. Even more so I make the claim that I am that deity and I make the rules for myself as I so choose. It is the concept that I define what is good and what is evil within myself. I take that power from any external Influence. You fail to do that.


You claim you are the deity who is worshiped by adherents of Islam, Judaism and Christianity? How arrogant and ridiculous.

VixensVengeance wrote:But even if a deity exists, between my philosophy and yours which is the most rebellious? One that chooses to rebel from divine order like yours or one that chooses to deny that divine order even exists, like mine?

Mine.

Atheism is non belief, resulting from a lack of evidence for the existence of a deity.

_________________
avatar
Mortox
Potentate
Potentate

Posts : 178
Points : 350
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2017-09-01
Age : 33
Location : The Oblate Spheroid, Planet Earth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chernobyl Diaries

Post by VixensVengeance on Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:07 pm

Yes my claim is arrogant, the height of arrogance... or is it? What if it is true? Then it is not arrogant at all but simply a valid claim to authorty over my sovergn entity. The lack of evidence for the existence of a Christian god is no different than the lack of evidence proving the existence of that god. Given those two premises you chose to make an irrational leap of faith while I do not. So which one of us is living life due to an unfounded belief? One guess, it's not me!
avatar
VixensVengeance
Dark Initiate
Dark Initiate

Posts : 121
Points : 134
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2017-09-23
Age : 42

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chernobyl Diaries

Post by Mortox on Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:11 pm

VixensVengeance wrote:Yes my claim is arrogant, the height of arrogance... or is it? What if it is true? Then it is not arrogant at all but simply a valid claim to authorty over my sovergn entity. The lack of evidence for the existence of a Christian god is no different than the lack of evidence proving the existence of that god. Given those two premises you chose to make an irrational leap of faith while I do not. So which one of us is living life due to an unfounded belief? One guess, it's not me!

You assume I have made an irrational leap of faith.

_________________
avatar
Mortox
Potentate
Potentate

Posts : 178
Points : 350
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2017-09-01
Age : 33
Location : The Oblate Spheroid, Planet Earth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chernobyl Diaries

Post by VixensVengeance on Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:19 pm

I didn't have to, you have already shown that by your worldview.
avatar
VixensVengeance
Dark Initiate
Dark Initiate

Posts : 121
Points : 134
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2017-09-23
Age : 42

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chernobyl Diaries

Post by Mortox on Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:21 pm

VixensVengeance wrote:I didn't have to, you have already shown that by your worldview.

I have shown that I have made an irrational leap of faith? How have I?

_________________
avatar
Mortox
Potentate
Potentate

Posts : 178
Points : 350
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2017-09-01
Age : 33
Location : The Oblate Spheroid, Planet Earth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chernobyl Diaries

Post by VixensVengeance on Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:28 pm

Mortox wrote:
VixensVengeance wrote:I didn't have to, you have already shown that by your worldview.

I have shown that I have made an irrational leap of faith? How have I?


By choosing to believe in something there is no evidence for. Faith is not a rational pathway to knowledge and therefore your belief is irrational.
avatar
VixensVengeance
Dark Initiate
Dark Initiate

Posts : 121
Points : 134
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2017-09-23
Age : 42

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chernobyl Diaries

Post by Mortox on Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:32 pm

VixensVengeance wrote:
Mortox wrote:
VixensVengeance wrote:I didn't have to, you have already shown that by your worldview.

I have shown that I have made an irrational leap of faith? How have I?


By choosing to believe in something there is no evidence for. Faith is not a rational pathway to knowledge and therefore your belief is irrational.

Indeed, choosing to believe in something there is no evidence for is irrational. However, I believe in what I do because I have experienced and observed enough evidence to make that belief rational.

_________________
avatar
Mortox
Potentate
Potentate

Posts : 178
Points : 350
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2017-09-01
Age : 33
Location : The Oblate Spheroid, Planet Earth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chernobyl Diaries

Post by VixensVengeance on Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:38 pm

Can you present that evidence? Can you reproduce the conditions and resultant effects? Are they objectively observable? If not they are reduced to subjective experience wholly encompassed to personal Interpretation. In effect not evidence at all but simply assertion I have no reason to accept as valid.
avatar
VixensVengeance
Dark Initiate
Dark Initiate

Posts : 121
Points : 134
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2017-09-23
Age : 42

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chernobyl Diaries

Post by Mortox on Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:51 pm

VixensVengeance wrote:Can you present that evidence? Can you reproduce the conditions and resultant effects? Are they objectively observable? If not they are reduced to subjective experience wholly encompassed to personal Interpretation. In effect not evidence at all but simply assertion I have no reason to accept as valid.

Can I present evidence to you? No, I never thought to turn on the video camera at the time. Can I reproduce key experiences? I do not know and even if I could, I suspect that would be a terrible idea. However, I will restate that what I have experienced is sufficient for me to believe what I do. Why does this seem to cause you discomfort?

_________________
avatar
Mortox
Potentate
Potentate

Posts : 178
Points : 350
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2017-09-01
Age : 33
Location : The Oblate Spheroid, Planet Earth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chernobyl Diaries

Post by VixensVengeance on Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:11 pm

It doesn't cause me discomfort so much as it frustrates me that people have experiences they can't understand but instead of just saying they don't know and continuing to push through that veil of the unknown in the search for truth, they make these irrational leaps of faith and settle on assertions of supernatural means they have no ability to back up with evidence.
avatar
VixensVengeance
Dark Initiate
Dark Initiate

Posts : 121
Points : 134
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2017-09-23
Age : 42

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chernobyl Diaries

Post by Mortox on Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:22 pm

VixensVengeance wrote:It doesn't cause me discomfort so much as it frustrates me that people have experiences they can't understand but instead of just saying they don't know and continuing to push through that veil of the unknown in the search for truth, they make these irrational leaps of faith and settle on assertions of supernatural means they have no ability to back up with evidence.

My faith frustrates you, okay... 

You also assume I do not continue seeking knowledge.

_________________
avatar
Mortox
Potentate
Potentate

Posts : 178
Points : 350
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2017-09-01
Age : 33
Location : The Oblate Spheroid, Planet Earth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chernobyl Diaries

Post by VixensVengeance on Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:16 pm

Mortox wrote:
VixensVengeance wrote:It doesn't cause me discomfort so much as it frustrates me that people have experiences they can't understand but instead of just saying they don't know and continuing to push through that veil of the unknown in the search for truth, they make these irrational leaps of faith and settle on assertions of supernatural means they have no ability to back up with evidence.

My faith frustrates you, okay... 

You also assume I do not continue seeking knowledge.
 

How do you continue seeking knowledge if you have already decided the conclusion? That's just finding evidence to prove your assumption? Its the opposite of how the true pursuit of knowledge works.
avatar
VixensVengeance
Dark Initiate
Dark Initiate

Posts : 121
Points : 134
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2017-09-23
Age : 42

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chernobyl Diaries

Post by Mortox on Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:36 pm

VixensVengeance wrote:
How do you continue seeking knowledge if you have already decided the conclusion? That's just finding evidence to prove your assumption? Its the opposite of how the true pursuit of knowledge works.

I decided that a law maker exists. I also decided that the deity I worship exists. How exactly do either of those beliefs prevent me from seeking further knowledge?

_________________
avatar
Mortox
Potentate
Potentate

Posts : 178
Points : 350
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2017-09-01
Age : 33
Location : The Oblate Spheroid, Planet Earth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chernobyl Diaries

Post by VixensVengeance on Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:44 pm

Because they are both leaps of faith which is an irrational belief, not based on evidence, at least no evidence I have ever seen. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. If you cant present that evidence there is no reason to believe the claim. Now that's not to say you cant personally believe what it is you assert but the fact remains that if you cant prove it, it remains an irrational position based on faith alone.

Faith is a funny thing because you can believe anything based on faith. I can tell you I have an invisible unicorn in my bedroom. If you ask how I know that I can say because I have faith. I cant prove it but I have faith it exists. But does it actually exist? probably not. Would you believe me?
avatar
VixensVengeance
Dark Initiate
Dark Initiate

Posts : 121
Points : 134
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2017-09-23
Age : 42

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chernobyl Diaries

Post by Mortox on Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:52 pm

VixensVengeance wrote:Because they are both leaps of faith which is an irrational belief, not based on evidence, at least no evidence I have ever seen.

Indeed, you have not had the experiences I have had.

VixensVengeance wrote:Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Indeed, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence; I have experienced such.

VixensVengeance wrote:If you cant present that evidence there is no reason to believe the claim.

You do not believe in a deity and I do not care.

VixensVengeance wrote:Now that's not to say you cant personally believe what it is you assert but the fact remains that if you cant prove it, it remains an irrational position based on faith alone.

It remains an irrational position to YOU.

VixensVengeance wrote:Faith is a funny thing because you can believe anything based on faith. I can tell you I have an invisible unicorn in my bedroom. If you ask how I know that I can say because I have faith. I cant prove it but I have faith it exists. But does it actually exist? probably not. Would you believe me?

You know nothing about what I believe, yet continue to mock the fact I believe. Why? Does my belief negatively impact you in any way?

_________________
avatar
Mortox
Potentate
Potentate

Posts : 178
Points : 350
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2017-09-01
Age : 33
Location : The Oblate Spheroid, Planet Earth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chernobyl Diaries

Post by Mortox on Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:16 am



While some are arrogant enough to claim they are gods, I am arrogant enough to accept that a god communicates with me. At one point in history, this was not considered to be a sign of mental illness; it was not immediately written off as delusion; this was sacred and sought out actively by many who did not have this gift.
Prominent people lived and died by prophecies and guidance granted by those who served as intermediaries between the gods and those who sought their favor.
Many leaders through the past sought after such gifted souls, pleading divine insight and often favor in order to gain the advantage. Were these intermediaries found to be false in any way, the punishment was often torture, followed by death.
However, in modern society, there is a curious double standard; many people today still value the teachings born of divine communications. Christians revere the Bible, Muslims revere the Quran, most Jews still consider their sacred text to be directly inspired by their all father, and numerous adherents of other faiths born of divine communications, still remain dedicated to their faith.
Either intermediaries no longer exist or they do exist and they are either remaining silent or they are not recognized when they do speak. Perhaps there have not been prophets for ages and much like authentic demonstrations of magic and miracles, they are rare in this age. Be that the case, this reality is due for a revival of the magical and miraculous; a return of the gods to the world of men.

_________________
avatar
Mortox
Potentate
Potentate

Posts : 178
Points : 350
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2017-09-01
Age : 33
Location : The Oblate Spheroid, Planet Earth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chernobyl Diaries

Post by Mortox on Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:29 am

The Death of Reason





Reason was the standard by which all my decisions were measured by. Reason has been an article of worship to me, a most sacred and untouchable object of my greatest affection. Second, came science, the process of exploration and acquiring knowledge; the process of determining reality from fiction. These were my two gods, additional to The Morning Star. 

My latest lesson involved the destruction of the pedestal I placed reason and science on. There, I watched both tumble to the Earth and split open, revealing their internal composition. 

Reason could be irrational when worshipped like a god, and science is just a process of experimentation. Science is filled with theories, things held to be true, given current evidence. However, a circular shadow can be a cone when viewed from a different perspective. What was decided to once be true, can change; reality itself can change.

I was then pushed to believe something I considered to be entirely irrational. It felt like driving a dagger deep into the hearts of my once deities, twisting and watching the blood pool, drenching me.

At that moment as I looked on the corpses of my two idols, and after some time spent mourning their loss, I realized they no longer had authority over me. I no longer believed things, simply because others outside myself said they are true.

However, I did not become a conspiracy theorist in all this. I have no desire to "reveal the truth" to anyone; my knowledge is for me and what I gain from my pursuit is mine alone. 

Besides, for all the masses know... "We're all mad here!"

_________________
avatar
Mortox
Potentate
Potentate

Posts : 178
Points : 350
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2017-09-01
Age : 33
Location : The Oblate Spheroid, Planet Earth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chernobyl Diaries

Post by David on Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:57 pm

Why must I be divine to establish morality? There is little divine about social nurturing, yet it alone sculpts most people's sense of morality.

I know we call natural tragedies "acts of god" for insurance/legal reasons, yet a moral code based on pragmatism or natural laws would be equally mundane.

Who said the creator (if there is an intelligence behind the design) sits around with nothing to do but refine it's preferences for human behavior anyway? Seems kinda petty.

_________________
avatar
David
Dark Head of Aspect
Dark Head of Aspect

Posts : 126
Points : 196
Reputation : 20
Join date : 2017-09-01
Age : 39
Location : Southeastern US

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chernobyl Diaries

Post by Micheal on Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:32 am

I for one know it a good thing their is an all powerful being who is watching my every move and will hold me accountable if I do not hold the straight and narrow.

Even if I am wrong, the world will be a better place because I believe as I do.

_________________
"To find out who rules over you, simply find out who you cannot criticize" - Voltaire
avatar
Micheal
Light Head of Aspect
Light Head of Aspect

Posts : 170
Points : 288
Reputation : 22
Join date : 2017-09-05
Age : 47

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chernobyl Diaries

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum