Force Realist Academy
You must be at least 19 years of age to join Force Realist Academy.

Hello

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hello

Post by Justin on Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:45 am

My name is Justin.  I have been around for a little bit, I have done some stuff.  Hey David Very Happy
Justin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello

Post by David on Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:58 am

Hello brother.

Relax guys, this is a different Justin G than you know. He's Master Bane at Ashla and the the cofounder/now owner of Knights of Awakening.

Let me know what you need privileges/category wise.

Dark Head of Aspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin on Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:07 am

LMFAO.  I just realized that I could be confused with a certain other "Justin G", I know the one you are talking about.  If you want to, you can change it to "Justin Bane" if that clears up any possible confusion.  I tried taking "Justin" but someone already beat me to it.
Justin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by David on Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:12 am

Na. It'll be fun watching people learn the difference for themselves. But, we have no members named Justin that I'm aware of; looking into that now.

Dark Head of Aspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortox on Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:47 am

Welcome, Justin Bane.

What caused you select the name "Bane", if you do not mind explaining?

Potentate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Micheal on Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:00 am

Nice to meet you Bane (Think I will call you that...)  lol!

Light Head of Aspect
Light Head of Aspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Magnus on Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:39 pm

Hi Justin  Smile

Dark Initiate
Dark Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin on Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:41 pm

Mortox wrote:Welcome, Justin Bane.

What caused you select the name "Bane", if you do not mind explaining?

Thank you Mortox for the welcome and the question.  The name "Bane" was a nickname given to me 23 or so years ago by my peers in the military because I was not a very good dude.  I was selfish, controlling, aggressive, dangerous, manipulative, and probably all of the other "bad" things a person could be.  I was a very "dark" (for lack of a better word), maybe even corrupt idk.  I learned over the years that this way of being was not only destructive to those around me, but to me as well.  I learned about honor and codes in the military and began to "turn another leaf" if you will. 

for the past 15 years or so I have sought to serve others.  I still carry with me much of my darkness, but I use it as a tool when a job calls for it.  I carry with me the name "Bane" as a reminder of times past and of a man who was only half of himself.  To remind me that to walk the path I now walk, is to be more complete than I once was.  I hope this sheds light as I have not recalled this in many years.  If I have not responded in a way that has made sense or you have more questions feel free to ask.
Justin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Setanaoko on Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:24 pm

JUSTIN!!!!!!!!!!!! *POUNCE!!!*
Setanaoko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin on Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:16 pm

Micheal wrote:Nice to meet you Bane (Think I will call you that...)  lol!
Very Happy  I think I missed something, you are laughing but I can't tell at what. Very Happy

At any rate, well met.
Justin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin on Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:17 pm

cheers
Setanaoko wrote:JUSTIN!!!!!!!!!!!! *POUNCE!!!*
Justin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortox on Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:50 pm

Justin wrote:

for the past 15 years or so I have sought to serve others.  I still carry with me much of my darkness, but I use it as a tool when a job calls for it.  I carry with me the name "Bane" as a reminder of times past and of a man who was only half of himself.  To remind me that to walk the path I now walk, is to be more complete than I once was.  I hope this sheds light as I have not recalled this in many years.  If I have not responded in a way that has made sense or you have more questions feel free to ask.

Thank you for the explanation of your name, Justin. Smile 

What is darkness to you?

Potentate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by David on Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:17 pm

Justin wrote:
Micheal wrote:Nice to meet you Bane (Think I will call you that...)  lol!
Very Happy  I think I missed something, you are laughing but I can't tell at what. Very Happy

At any rate, well met.
The tox (as in toxic) in Mortox is a product of owning criticism. Bit of an inside joke.

Dark Head of Aspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin on Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:12 am

Mortox wrote:
Justin wrote:

Thank you for the explanation of your name, Justin. Smile 

What is darkness to you?
Forgetting for a moment the romantic ideal of "Light" and "Dark" and focusing on choices and consequences, whether they be "good" or "bad" selfless or self serving, one has to weigh the burden of those consequences both for the self and for those around them.  "Darkness" to me would be the willful and intentional actions that cause harm to self and others, also factoring in the judgement that comes after the actions from self and others.

The ideal of Dark and Light is simply to me the observation of the person who is looking through their lens (usually made of Dogma) to project a perspective or judgment upon another.  Emotions too are often judged by those same lens as being good or bad.  I have abandoned the ideals of Dark and Light and instead focus on the choices and consequences.  Emotions are part of the self, and when needed, can be a bomb or a dagger. 

For example; I believe that life is precious and should be respected and protected.  Yet, if someone were to kick in my front door to my house intending harm to myself or my family I would destroy them with extreme prejudice as fast as I can.  Life is to be protected in this example, but it is not "Light" and "Dark" that decides whose life is more precious, it is the choice made in the moment that determines this.
Justin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Micheal on Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:49 am

I think the example you give, a dark or jedi could be seen doing the same thing.  I know I would.

But I would because I had already decided that the lives inside the house are the more valuable.  And see protecting the many as more important then the protection of the one... who would have known who's house they were breaking into, so knew the possible outcome and accepted it.

If they did not, ignorance is not a defense in court.

Light Head of Aspect
Light Head of Aspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin on Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:13 pm

Micheal wrote:I think the example you give, a dark or jedi could be seen doing the same thing.  I know I would.

But I would because I had already decided that the lives inside the house are the more valuable.  And see protecting the many as more important then the protection of the one... who would have known who's house they were breaking into, so knew the possible outcome and accepted it.

If they did not, ignorance is not a defense in court.
I don't disagree.  However, this example could be applied to a lot of different aspects across the spectrum.  I guess what I was trying to say is that I don't live with the overly romantic ideals of "Light and Dark" as they are taught in many places.  I live with the choices and consequences of the world that is set into motion by a persons Will at an attempt to achieve a particular outcome.  To me, the ideal of a "Light and Dark" aspect behind a greater power equals per-determination in behavior or outcome. 

In my example, the person kicking in the door may not think they are a "bad guy" because they need the stuff inside to sell for money for their family and may not know anyone is home.  I do not think I am the bad guy because I am defending my property and those who are inside with me.  We have two "good" guys fighting to see who is right.  The only thing that decides who is right is who wins the fight and those who will judge the outcome later.

Hitler thought he was the good guy...........the majority of the world disagreed.
Justin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Micheal on Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:08 am

To be clear.  David is one of the best people I know.  Their is no evil here at all.  And lets be honest, a dark aspect which promoted things which would be construed as illegal would die rapidly due to sudden losses of population (due to incarceration... those who need to learn how to do illegal things tend to be easy prey to the police).
Its process, its if the means justify the end or not.  I get where you are going with this though.

/BOWS

Light Head of Aspect
Light Head of Aspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by David on Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:37 am

Micheal wrote:David is one of the best people I know.
That means a lot coming from you. Thank you.

Dark Head of Aspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortox on Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:43 am

Darkness is not synonymous with breaking the law, for the record. However, living the darkness can involve breaking the law if that serves one's desires. However, darkness itself does not condemn or advocate law breaking.

Potentate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by David on Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:03 pm

He understands our understanding as he knows me. You did ask for his definition. To give credit where due, Justin was my primary role model as a Master at Ashlaknights, and he can pull people's legs as well as I can.

Interesting thing about laws, the light gives amnesty for laws broken to save lives. Yet on the dark there are two major camps. One IS the law. Think "empire". The other are the more anarchist types. I like the mix because it reminds me of the Spartan Agoge. In other words, do as you must to succeed, but if you get caught you're on your own.

Dark Head of Aspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortox on Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:51 pm

David wrote:Interesting thing about laws, the light gives amnesty for laws broken to save lives. Yet on the dark there are two major camps. One IS the law. Think "empire". The other are the more anarchist types. I like the mix because it reminds me of the Spartan Agoge. In other words, do as you must to succeed, but if you get caught you're on your own.

Interesting perspective, David. I detest Anarchy though. Smile

Potentate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin on Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:18 am

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

One example.  I gave one little example.  Ok, maybe the BEST example, but I was not implying that "Darkness" = Evil and breaking the law and that "Light" meant the good guys.  I was not attempting to describe an entire aspect of thought either.  I am a little rusty at this while forum board thing, so let me try again....

There are not two opposing forces that guide each individual making them devoid of free thought.  There is something that we tap into, but it does not make us follow some destiny based on what "side" we end up on.  There are choices and there are consequences.  The ideal of choices and consequences, are what decide what "side" someone serves.  Even if there were no law of man upon this earth, this would still be so.  The very best way to describe how I feel about these concepts is simply that I like to keep it real.  No magic, no bullshit, no destiny..........only choices and consequences.  I will add that some of the "Sith" I know make some of the best closeted "Jedi" I have ever met, and some of the "Jedi" that are around would make the Emperor blush.

In the real world, people can be both good and bad, "light" and "dark" if you prefer.  It depends on what side of the equation they are on and how hungry they are.  I know true evil and I have seen great good.  It is not magic, it is the choices we make that shape the character of who and what we are.  Just for fun I will share some banter that David and I were having on my FB wall a while back.  In regards to one of those silly "quizes" and the result was something to the effect that I was a "Saint".

David Edge  The wolf and the wounded rabbit have different ideas about mercy.

Justin Gates  Indeed. Light and Dark are usually ideas that are reactions to the situations we find ourselves in and to what side of the equation we are on. The wolf has to eat after all. But the wolf doesn't have to kill for the sake of killing.....or maybe it does. Maybe things like Mercy and "light and dark" are for the idealists who don't know what it is like to be truly hungry.
Justin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by David on Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:37 am

Very "what it's like" by everclear.

Dark Head of Aspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin on Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:47 am

David wrote:Very "what it's like" by everclear.
Great band
Justin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum