Force Realist Academy
You must be at least 19 years of age to join Force Realist Academy.

Earth Day & Jedi

Go down

Earth Day & Jedi

Post by Setanaoko on Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:46 am

It's Earth Day, and there's a challenge that has been issued to people who run blogs and v-logs around the community.  The challenge is to write why you feel Earth Day (or rather protecting the environment) is an important endeavor of the Jedi Path by the end of tomorrow (23 April). Smile

Not all of the bloggers and v-loggers have been reached, but we have a few that have said they are interested (Church of Jediism, Jedi Realists Radio and Just Jedi are hopeful to contribute).  For all you out there that do blogs or v-logs and I've not been able to get around to you, I hope you'll consider jumping in on this project and posting your links in here for others to find. ^^  Marta Lina started us off, and I got mine in today.  Another one will be posted tomorrow from Keith Williams.

Ways of the Force- Earth Day: Plastic Soup by Serenity (Marta)
https://yourwayoftheforce.com/2018/04/22/earth-day-plastic-soup-ways-of-the-force/

Armonia Seminary- Jedi and Planet Earth by Alethea
https://www.armoniaseminary.com/reflection-garden/jedi-and-planet-earth
Setanaoko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Earth Day & Jedi

Post by Setanaoko on Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:27 am

Hannigan's Response Smile

https://www.facebook.com/jeditemplar/videos/614022968951995/
Setanaoko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Setanaoko on Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:56 am

Kitsu Tails with Just Jedi

https://j-jedicodex.blogspot.com/2018/04/appreciation-of-our-mother.html
Setanaoko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by VixensVengeance on Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:48 pm

I have a question. Why is this day restricted to just Jedi views? Do you feel that sith have no standing in this regard or that we somehow dont count?

Dark Initiate
Dark Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Micheal on Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:54 am

All perspectives are important... but this area is for Jedi.

But the question is rhetorical as it presupposes that earth day (April 22nd) is an important endeavor.

Why on earth (pun intended) would I think it valuable to celebrate Vladimir Lenin's birthday by looking at one area of our lives where we are completely ignorant so as to support a political movement... which is not surprising to me... lines up rather perfectly with Lenin's.

Of course, keeping a population ignorant is also apart of that particular perspective... so I guess those who do support it get a kick out of the fact it is supported so blissfully...

Simply put, the opposite is needed, learning for the sake of learning and each individual in the world needs to make it their personal goal to learn for the sake of learning, not because someone says you should.

Here is the sad truth about 'Earth day'.

If what supporters say is true, the earth is dead and their is not a damn thing we will be able to do to stop it.  Because we have spent all of our time trying to convince common people that it is them who will solve it by reducing their consumption while those who spout this nonsense continue to reach new heights of abuse of the very thing they would have others control.

And forget the idea that people be expected to learn a thing which might reverse the process... because knowledge is not the agenda... if it were then the push would be for knowledge... instead we are expected to believe computer models which are derived by human limitations... are disproved constantly... but yet must be believed none the less.

Those who celebrate Earth day do so by taking the day to not be a jedi for it will be one day less they spent learning something.  Anything.  All in the pursuit of drinking the coolade of the times.

For further data, feel free to go read a few of my responses on:  http://www.forcerealistacademy.com/t196-mother-earth-a-living-planet

Just another day that certain people think they can actually control yet another lifeforce in their pursuit to control yet another.

Jedi should openly oppose this for the values they keep.

Edit:  Of the ones I could read, I noted one talked about going to the forest and seeing all of the plastic in it left as trash.

This weekend my boy scouts and I were out in the woods... when we were done, (and we were out their with a lot of others) as it was our back yard, we cleaned it up.  Picked up all the trash before we left.

We go out and do this repeatedly.  (Not yet a scoutmaster, just have to register)

Don't need a day to hear others tell me what I should be doing.  Not a one of them that is out there doing close to what I do.

Last edited by Micheal on Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total

Light Head of Aspect
Light Head of Aspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Setanaoko on Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:37 am

Armonia Seminary- Earth Day by Keith Williams

https://www.armoniaseminary.com/reflection-garden/earth-day

@Vixen's Vengeance

The reason I posted it here was because it was a coordinated effort of Jedi, and not the whole Force Realist community.  When I proposed the idea, I specifically went to Jedi Bloggers and V-loggers to ask them to write what they believed was the reason the environment should be important to the Jedi Path.  Had this been part of an effort for my previous project(s) (Force Realists Radio/TV/Magazine) then I would have coordinated it across the spectrum.

Historically, there have been efforts to unite the Jedi Community under one banner, but every time this would surface the only thing that anyone could agree with was that we needed to coordinate efforts for projects across the Jedi groups.  So on occasion, I'll have a spark of inspiration for something we CAN coordinate on.  It's rare, mind you, but perhaps in time, as I show we CAN do this, others will jump on board and I'll be taking on projects coordinated by other people.
Setanaoko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luciana on Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:52 pm

Micheal wrote:
This weekend my boy scouts and I were out in the woods... when we were done, (and we were out their with a lot of others) as it was our back yard, we cleaned it up.  Picked up all the trash before we left.

We go out and do this repeatedly.  (Not yet a scoutmaster, just have to register)

Don't need a day to hear others tell me what I should be doing. 

Not only does one not need a designated day to be told how to be "good"; one also does not need to broadcast their one "good deed of the year" on Youtube. 

Nice lesson in both humility and integrity there.

Luciana
Dark Initiate
Dark Initiate

View user profile http://www.orderofthesith.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Micheal on Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:31 am

Ironic... our cleaning the forest we were in was on earth day... but I do not recall a mention about the fact it was such... this is simply what we do.

Light Head of Aspect
Light Head of Aspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down