Force Realist Academy
You must be at least 19 years of age to join Force Realist Academy.

Are Humans as a species making themselves extinct because of medical advances?

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Are Humans as a species making themselves extinct because of medical advances?

Post by Micheal on Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:43 am

Should people who can actually come up with stuff like this be placed where they can make such a decisions?

No.

Light Head of Aspect
Light Head of Aspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Are Humans as a species making themselves extinct because of medical advances?

Post by VixensVengeance on Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:29 am

uhhh... this is the stupidest concept ever. Medicine is designed to cure disease so eventually all these diseases you talk about will be cured. Duh! so why let the people die. stupid... Rolling Eyes

Dark Initiate
Dark Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by VixensVengeance on Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:55 pm

Sure if it died but now we have the capability to give those people better lives and one day we will be able to cure them so I see no dilemma.

Dark Initiate
Dark Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by VixensVengeance on Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:14 am

There is no proof they will not either. However if these mysterious groups truly have as much control over our lives as you seem to imply they do then they would still never allow these diseaes to die out as they are the source of their power. So once agan I see no dilemma. We have no control so why worry about it?

Dark Initiate
Dark Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Setanaoko on Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:18 am

Isn't this called Eugenics?  Pretty sure the Nazis promoted this, and we all know what happened to them.
Setanaoko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by VixensVengeance on Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:39 am

Setanaoko wrote:Isn't this called Eugenics?  Pretty sure the Nazis promoted this, and we all know what happened to them.

Yep! Leaders like Kahn Noonan sing were exiled by being launched into space!

Dark Initiate
Dark Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by VixensVengeance on Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:26 pm

All have failed before me. I am the mother of the future master race. My offspring will rule this planet.

Dark Initiate
Dark Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luciana on Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:12 pm

Setanaoko wrote:Isn't this called Eugenics?  Pretty sure the Nazis promoted this, and we all know what happened to them.

The Americans were heavily into eugenics long before Germany picked it up, and they seem to have done all right for themselves Wink

https://books.google.com/books?id=FAB-6RzKAQIC&pg=PA1#v=onepage&q&f=false

W. E. B. DuBois, the founder of the NAACP, was a very strong advocate for eugenics in America in 1905 (http://www.jpands.org/vol19no4/singleton.pdf)

In 1933, the Americans began sharing their "science" of eugenics with Germany.

The rest is, well, history.

"You will be interested to know that your work has played a powerful part in shaping the opinions of the group of intellectuals who are behind Hitler in this epoch-making program. Everywhere I sensed that their opinions have been tremendously stimulated by American thought." -- California eugenicist, C. M. Goethe.

Luciana
Dark Initiate
Dark Initiate

View user profile http://www.orderofthesith.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Micheal on Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:03 am

Luciana beat me to the point on that one.

Germans just had their own extremes that we remember and we are not taught about what the US did back then.

Kind of funny to me.  When I went to Germany, a lot of Germans, if you asked them about the Nazi's would tell you that they spend their time trying to forget about them.

Its amazing how much we have forgotten about our own history.

No, western medicine is not the end all beat all... neither is eastern medicine nor indian medicine (be it from india or Native American).

The problem is those who decide it must be one or the other... that any medicine is bad... learn what is useful and what is not for yourself... for this much is true.

What works for one person does not necessarily work for another.

Light Head of Aspect
Light Head of Aspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Manu on Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:32 am

The "test" I use for these situations is "what if it were one of my children?".

The answer is obvious: I will fight for my child, and to hell with whatever ideal the world has for a more "pure" gene pool.

On principle, I disagree with any actions that involve having a group of people forcing their morality on individuals.

Dark Knight
Dark Knight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down