Force Realist Academy
You must be at least 19 years of age to join Force Realist Academy.

Mother Earth a living Planet

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Mother Earth a living Planet

Post by Micheal on Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:50 pm

The point I made earlier is not that something needs to be done.  I myself am studying the issue in my own reading.

The problem I have is those who pretend to actually care about it could not find their own backsides with both hands.

Where I appreciate the links, they do help me to understand your perception.  If the study does not take into account Amino acids, it drastically leaves out important factors for life on earth.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amino_acid

Simply put, their are amino acids which human beings cannot replicate that can only be found in meat.  (Chicken and Fish being the optimum meats for humans).

They cannot be replaced by plant life.  Most can, but not all.

Without these in the proper amounts people slowly die off.

My greatest analogy is a meme posted on Facebook a while back which shows two women the same age, one is vegan the other a noted chef on Food Network.  They look night and day (with the chef looking much healthier) and it is because of the diet.

Also, anyone who has watched Jurrasic park (the first one) knows the back up plan was to deny lysine to the animals and they would die off.  Note the name of one of the amino acids on this list... and it is scientifically verifiable such does kill.

_________________
"To find out who rules over you, simply find out who you cannot criticize" - Voltaire
avatar
Micheal
Light Head of Aspect
Light Head of Aspect

Posts : 334
Points : 491
Reputation : 33
Join date : 2017-09-05
Age : 47

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother Earth a living Planet

Post by VixensVengeance on Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:07 pm

Funny how every source I find says you are just wrong there DM.



_________________
If what you confront does not kill you, it will make you stronger, unless you confront an Alien. An alien will just kill you...
avatar
VixensVengeance
Dark Initiate
Dark Initiate

Posts : 255
Points : 272
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2017-09-23
Age : 43

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Mother Earth a living Planet

Post by Grey on Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:51 pm

VixensVengeance wrote:At least he kept his inane spamming to one thread. Tell me DM why do you and mortox feel that you deserve others to respond to your posts with open and honest dialogue if you are not willing to return the favor? Someone replies to you and you respond with "well I would tell you but you need to figure it out" or "I am not going to share that". It's bullshit self aggandizing and you will get nowhere with it.
What is your issue with me, VV?

_________________
"In a world where the forces of darkness are titanic and deafening, the spirit of God is a mere whisper."
avatar
Grey

Posts : 232
Points : 445
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2017-09-01
Age : 34
Location : Earth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother Earth a living Planet

Post by VixensVengeance on Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:38 pm

Dragonmaster wrote:I noticed your pie chart does not include agriculture ( methane from live stock production ).


Animal waste. Its there.

_________________
If what you confront does not kill you, it will make you stronger, unless you confront an Alien. An alien will just kill you...
avatar
VixensVengeance
Dark Initiate
Dark Initiate

Posts : 255
Points : 272
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2017-09-23
Age : 43

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Mother Earth a living Planet

Post by Micheal on Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:53 am

That is the problem though isn't it?  Belief.

You are spouting numbers acting like 32.6 billion is a terrible number, and yet volcanoes which are dormant release up to 200 billion a year:

https://www.livescience.com/40451-volcanic-co2-levels-are-staggering.html

So you can dabble in your pin pricks all you want, you will be the most self righteous dude during our next Pompei.

That does not mean once again that nothing should be done... it means that if not everyone is buying it, its not gonna happen anyways.
I mean everyone has watched Superman.  We all know why Krypton died... not because the sun went supernova... but because the people refused to believe it was going to.

It makes it harder when the people wishing you to believe such have been shoveling manure for decades and wonder why no one believes them.

As long as the solution is, "So give government the power and we will fix it".  Its dead.

_________________
"To find out who rules over you, simply find out who you cannot criticize" - Voltaire
avatar
Micheal
Light Head of Aspect
Light Head of Aspect

Posts : 334
Points : 491
Reputation : 33
Join date : 2017-09-05
Age : 47

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother Earth a living Planet

Post by VixensVengeance on Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:06 am

Mortox wrote:
VixensVengeance wrote:At least he kept his inane spamming to one thread. Tell me DM why do you and mortox feel that you deserve others to respond to your posts with open and honest dialogue if you are not willing to return the favor? Someone replies to you and you respond with "well I would tell you but you need to figure it out" or "I am not going to share that". It's bullshit self aggandizing and you will get nowhere with it.
What is your issue with me, VV?

I dont recall saying I had an issue with you?

_________________
If what you confront does not kill you, it will make you stronger, unless you confront an Alien. An alien will just kill you...
avatar
VixensVengeance
Dark Initiate
Dark Initiate

Posts : 255
Points : 272
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2017-09-23
Age : 43

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother Earth a living Planet

Post by VixensVengeance on Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:16 am

Dragonmaster wrote:
Methane. According to the FAO, 37 percent induced methane come s from live stock

Now If we chose to believe all this then your pie chart is inaccurate.
  More importantly live stock produce 51% of the GHG world wide.

No my pie chart is actually more accurate. In the first place this statement is a far cry from your original statement that cows produce 95% of the methane and each one produces 50 gallons a day. So which is it? Why do your numbers keep dramatically fluctuating? Do you have any clue what you are talking about or how to read a statistic? Micheal is right, you are picking things out of context and in some cases just citing incorrect data.

In fact cows produce that much methane a year not a day and if your reading junk science sites like cowspiracy they twist the science and try to get us to believe that thousands of scientists have covered up the truth about the most important environmental issues of our time. Your charts are slanted because they take into account only living sources while mine takes into account ALL sources of methane. This is where your incorrect stats come from, the idea that they dont tell you the base of their data set.

_________________
If what you confront does not kill you, it will make you stronger, unless you confront an Alien. An alien will just kill you...
avatar
VixensVengeance
Dark Initiate
Dark Initiate

Posts : 255
Points : 272
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2017-09-23
Age : 43

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Mother Earth a living Planet

Post by Micheal on Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:39 am

Rolling Eyes
As with Tertullian in the second century CE who stated:  "What most frequently meets our view (and occasions complaint) is our teeming population. Our numbers are burdensome to the world, which can hardly support us.... In very deed, pestilence, and famine, and wars, and earthquakes have to be regarded as a remedy for nations, as the means of pruning the luxuriance of the human race."
World population 190 million estimated.

As with Thomas Robert Malthus and his 1798 book titled "An Essay on the principle of Population" where he observed: that an increase in a nation's food production improved the well-being of the populace, but the improvement was temporary because it led to population growth, which in turn restored the original per capita production level. In other words, mankind had a propensity to utilize abundance for population growth rather than for maintaining a high standard of living, a view that has become known as the "Malthusian trap" or the "Malthusian spectre".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malthusian_trap

So instead of looking that the UN itself states, that the world population will grow until 2050 then stagnate until 2300, and only in third world countries... so you could starve the entire population of the US and those people would still come about and still have the issues they have:

https://www.un.org/esa/population/publications/popnews/Newsltr_87.pdf

We are going to rely on yet another hairbrain idea that we are going to run out of food... again.  No, I do not agree with you at all.


Last edited by Micheal on Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total

_________________
"To find out who rules over you, simply find out who you cannot criticize" - Voltaire
avatar
Micheal
Light Head of Aspect
Light Head of Aspect

Posts : 334
Points : 491
Reputation : 33
Join date : 2017-09-05
Age : 47

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother Earth a living Planet

Post by VixensVengeance on Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:06 am

No I dont agree either. People are starving to death now and that is in the face of the ability to produce enough food for them all. Its not in production but in distribution that the issue arises. Besides that, it is actually the ability to sustain a population that allows it to grow, so if food becomes an issue that is a natural deterrent to growth. In that case the population will either decrease naturally or we will be forced off the planet to colonize other places. How do you see these as bad things?

_________________
If what you confront does not kill you, it will make you stronger, unless you confront an Alien. An alien will just kill you...
avatar
VixensVengeance
Dark Initiate
Dark Initiate

Posts : 255
Points : 272
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2017-09-23
Age : 43

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Mother Earth a living Planet

Post by Micheal on Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:18 am

And then you read an article like this:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/03/sullivan-things-are-better-than-ever-why-are-we-miserable.html

And know what you are siting is media/government nonsense designed to keep you at your wits end and miserable so you are more likely to give them the ability to fix what you see as broke.

We are in fact categorically defeating many of those enemies that the media claims are being  more of a problem.  The fact that no one knows about it is more due to what people wish to educate themselves about.

Get Pinkers book, Andrew is right that he is not very animated but he is spot on.

_________________
"To find out who rules over you, simply find out who you cannot criticize" - Voltaire
avatar
Micheal
Light Head of Aspect
Light Head of Aspect

Posts : 334
Points : 491
Reputation : 33
Join date : 2017-09-05
Age : 47

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother Earth a living Planet

Post by VixensVengeance on Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:37 am

If what your unfairly suggesting in the idea there was some govt conspiracy to kill people with smog had even an ounce of validity London would still be suffering from this today. But it is not, your argument is invalidated.

Besides that, there is no also no global governmental conspiracy to suppress the evidence of global warming. Where do you even get this stuff?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_Agreement


As for our nation it is not the nation as a whole that denies global warming but a single party, the republicans. And they dont suppress it because of conspiracy but because of tribalism. And even that is slowly changing. So I see no validity to any of your arguments.


http://bigthink.com/neurobonkers/why-do-most-american-conservatives-still-refuse-to-believe-in-climate-change

_________________
If what you confront does not kill you, it will make you stronger, unless you confront an Alien. An alien will just kill you...
avatar
VixensVengeance
Dark Initiate
Dark Initiate

Posts : 255
Points : 272
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2017-09-23
Age : 43

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother Earth a living Planet

Post by Micheal on Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:00 am

The fact of the matter is that man tends to destroy more then he helps.

No one denies that many of the things that we do are harmful.  Every time we nourish our bodies, something had to die to do that.  You simply cannot get around that.

Problem is that the solutions provided tend to be equally as harmful.  If not moreso.  We talk about being smart... but really the problem is what we do not know.

Hence why it is only smart to proceed with caution and not irrationally.  Baby steps.

As a conservative, I believe in climate change.  I just disagree that anyone knows how to actually deal with it BECAUSE we tend to mess up more then we clean up.

_________________
"To find out who rules over you, simply find out who you cannot criticize" - Voltaire
avatar
Micheal
Light Head of Aspect
Light Head of Aspect

Posts : 334
Points : 491
Reputation : 33
Join date : 2017-09-05
Age : 47

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother Earth a living Planet

Post by VixensVengeance on Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:43 am

Very true. Sometimes action does more damage than no action. Its of paramount importance that we know the exact problem, and the best solution to the problem before we commit to action and even then we also need to be acutely aware of ALL potential consequences of those actions. This is not a simple problem and it does not have a simple answer.

Yea stop eating cows, that will fix it. NOT! Evil or Very Mad

_________________
If what you confront does not kill you, it will make you stronger, unless you confront an Alien. An alien will just kill you...
avatar
VixensVengeance
Dark Initiate
Dark Initiate

Posts : 255
Points : 272
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2017-09-23
Age : 43

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Mother Earth a living Planet

Post by VixensVengeance on Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:07 am

Thanks DM!  (DictionaryMaster) Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

_________________
If what you confront does not kill you, it will make you stronger, unless you confront an Alien. An alien will just kill you...
avatar
VixensVengeance
Dark Initiate
Dark Initiate

Posts : 255
Points : 272
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2017-09-23
Age : 43

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother Earth a living Planet

Post by Micheal on Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:27 pm

And the hits just keep on coming:

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/cross-check/should-we-chill-out-about-global-warming/

_________________
"To find out who rules over you, simply find out who you cannot criticize" - Voltaire
avatar
Micheal
Light Head of Aspect
Light Head of Aspect

Posts : 334
Points : 491
Reputation : 33
Join date : 2017-09-05
Age : 47

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother Earth a living Planet

Post by VixensVengeance on Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:37 pm

Looks like neither conspiracy nor denial but... dare I say it... PROGRESS!

Only uninformed minds hide in the dark mewling about the shadows they perceive are out to get them and swipe in fear at vacuous ghosts that are not really there.

_________________
If what you confront does not kill you, it will make you stronger, unless you confront an Alien. An alien will just kill you...
avatar
VixensVengeance
Dark Initiate
Dark Initiate

Posts : 255
Points : 272
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2017-09-23
Age : 43

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Mother Earth a living Planet

Post by VixensVengeance on Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:34 pm

Who did you vote for in the last election?

_________________
If what you confront does not kill you, it will make you stronger, unless you confront an Alien. An alien will just kill you...
avatar
VixensVengeance
Dark Initiate
Dark Initiate

Posts : 255
Points : 272
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2017-09-23
Age : 43

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother Earth a living Planet

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum