Force Realist Academy
You must be at least 19 years of age to join Force Realist Academy.

On Peace

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Piece is an Illusion

Post by Dragonmaster on Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:53 am

We are predators. We are the greatest and most prolific predators on the planet. We kill for food ( yes the chicken in the grocery store was killed for you). We kill anything that gets in our way to survive including other humans. We have been known to pray on other humans for food. We kill for sport (animals fish and birds). We kill for the joy of killing. Their is not another species on this planet that stands a chance against us. We have never been peaceful and never will be. Peace is an illusion we grant ourselves, as we can not face the fact we are predators. Our species began as predators and our species will end as predators
Dragonmaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: On Peace

Post by Manu on Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:09 am

Dragonmaster wrote:We have never been peaceful and never will be. Peace is an illusion we grant ourselves, as we can not face the fact we are predators. Our species began as predators and our species will end as predators

Why do you think then, that as a society we put "peace" up on a pedestal?

Dark Knight
Dark Knight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Peace the unobtainable

Post by Dragonmaster on Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:02 pm

Peace eludes us. Peace is something we crave, want and desire. If peace were so easy to obtain their would be no wars and no country would have an army. That is not the case and some peoples have been at war as far back as recorded history will take us. Knowing this why would I believe peace is obtainable?
Dragonmaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by VixensVengeance on Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:08 pm

Why do you feel, that as predators, peace is something we actually crave? Why not dominance?

Dark Initiate
Dark Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sauron on Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:00 am

So what, exactly, is your definition of peace DM?
Sauron

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Micheal on Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:19 am

And who are you?

Light Head of Aspect
Light Head of Aspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Manu on Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:31 am

Micheal wrote:And who are you?

He looks familiar. Like a... Rickie, I would say.

Dark Knight
Dark Knight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Peace answers to questions

Post by Dragonmaster on Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:58 pm

VixensVengeance

Humans are the apex predator on the planet. Being the Apex Predator on the planet we have dominance. On Aug 20 2015 Smithsonian Institution from the results of its study determined that man had become a super-predators. We are the only Super predator on the planet.  ScienceDaily " Human Super-predator more terrifying than Bears"

Sauron 

I will give you a definition of peace that is far from what you are expecting. I am going to quote a German WWII Sargent who
                   served on the Russian front.

Peace is knowing that you no longer have to or want to kill any more and that you no longer desire to harm any living creature on
                   the planet but want to live in harmony with every thing on the planet.

Micheal & Manu 

I checked your introductions and I found them to be useless as far as telling me who you are.

If you had taken the time to to give me a proper introduction, before asking the question who are you? I might have answered
                    your question.
Dragonmaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Manu on Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:55 pm

Dragonmaster wrote:Micheal & Manu 

I checked your introductions and I found them to be useless as far as telling me who you are.

If you had taken the time to to give me a proper introduction, before asking the question who are you? I might have answered your question.

For someone who has been so wildly successful in driving out distractions and doing what he really wants, you are a bit of a grumpy old man.  Laughing

Dark Knight
Dark Knight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Manu

Post by Dragonmaster on Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:49 pm

Manu: I just told you how I see it. I have no idea how you can add tone to text that has no tone and think I am grumpy.

I am amused by the Force Realist Academy and everything I find in it. Amused and Grumpy how does that work?
Dragonmaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sauron on Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:07 pm

Dragonmaster wrote:VixensVengeance

Humans are the apex predator on the planet. Being the Apex Predator on the planet we have dominance. On Aug 20 2015 Smithsonian Institution from the results of its study determined that man had become a super-predators. We are the only Super predator on the planet.  ScienceDaily " Human Super-predator more terrifying than Bears"

Sauron 

I will give you a definition of peace that is far from what you are expecting. I am going to quote a German WWII Sargent who
                   served on the Russian front.

Peace is knowing that you no longer have to or want to kill any more and that you no longer desire to harm any living creature on
                   the planet but want to live in harmony with every thing on the planet.

Micheal & Manu 

If you had taken the time to to give me a proper introduction, before asking the question who are you? I might have answered
                    your question
That is what I would call a standard definition of peace.  I bit idealized perhaps.
Sauron

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luciana on Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:45 am

Manu wrote:
For someone who has been so wildly successful in driving out distractions and doing what he really wants, you are a bit of a grumpy old man.  Laughing

I daresay he's having a very normal reaction to finding himself on a "training body" that is apparently divided into Light, Dark and Potentium, (with no apparent definitions offered for any path), but which doesn't seem to offer any training, seems mostly about politics and weird discussions that turn into demands and assumptions, and in which rank supposedly signifies life building achievements, that no one on the board with rank has demonstrated/ cataloged, hahaha. 

Honestly, this is a very strange board for someone with no frame of reference (i.e., someone not from the FA.)

Outsiders offer precious insight into how we appear to others - something that is nigh impossible to attain on our own. How we react to a person who doesn't follow our pre-conceived notions of what a person "should" do - i.e., introduce themselves, announce intended affiliation, etc - also gives us valuable information. 

Incidentally, this is also one of the gifts the Sith can offer, as the Sith is often an outsider. (Though it is a gift seldom appreciated.)

Luciana
Dark Initiate
Dark Initiate

View user profile http://www.orderofthesith.org

Back to top Go down

Re. Luciana On peace

Post by Dragonmaster on Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:53 pm

I know what I am and I do not need you to tell me. Luciana your wrong and stop guessing about what I am. I will say that the only thing you got right is I am dark and the rest does not apply. Their is not one of you that is like me because I am unique. I am special because I am the only one like me and their are no others like me as I am unique.
                   I am here because I was invited here. I am here because it is required of me. I made a choice and this is an obligation that I an required to fulfill. When I no longer have an obligation to be here I will leave. I know I have said enough.
Dragonmaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luciana on Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:12 pm

Dragonmaster wrote:Luciana your wrong and stop guessing about what I am.

Alright, you're not having a normal reaction. I think that's the only supposition I made about you.... Laughing

Oh wait, I also said you have exemplary skills in setting boundaries, deciding what is important, and managing time... and that you don't seem to exhibit much care towards leadership. I will assume I am wrong on all counts then...

Thank you for correcting me and letting me know you are super special, more unique than anybody else; that you are having a completely unique and abnormal reaction to the forum; that you are crap at setting boundaries, crap at deciding what matters, crap at managing time, and that you care a great deal about leadership...

I also thought you might be interesting, but I suppose I was wrong on that count too. C'est la vie.

Luciana
Dark Initiate
Dark Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Manu on Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:26 pm

Luciana wrote:I daresay he's having a very normal reaction to finding himself on a "training body" that is apparently divided into Light, Dark and Potentium, (with no apparent definitions offered for any path), but which doesn't seem to offer any training, seems mostly about politics and weird discussions that turn into demands and assumptions, and in which rank supposedly signifies life building achievements, that no one on the board with rank has demonstrated/ cataloged, hahaha. 

Honestly, this is a very strange board for someone with no frame of reference (i.e., someone not from the FA.)

Outsiders offer precious insight into how we appear to others - something that is nigh impossible to attain on our own. How we react to a person who doesn't follow our pre-conceived notions of what a person "should" do - i.e., introduce themselves, announce intended affiliation, etc - also gives us valuable information. 

Incidentally, this is also one of the gifts the Sith can offer, as the Sith is often an outsider. (Though it is a gift seldom appreciated.)

You are right Luciana, there is a great deal to do here.

Your post has brought up more than a few interesting ideas to mind. That plus your hinting at a more throughout examination of Covey's 7 Habits is starting to paint a way forward for me.

Thank you  silent

Dark Knight
Dark Knight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luciana on Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:57 pm

Manu wrote:
You are right Luciana, there is a great deal to do here.

Your post has brought up more than a few interesting ideas to mind. That plus your hinting at a more throughout examination of Covey's 7 Habits is starting to paint a way forward for me.

Thank you  silent

My pleasure.

I will look forward to seeing what your ideas bring forth, and how you decide to move forward with them.

Luciana
Dark Initiate
Dark Initiate

Back to top Go down

Re. Luciana On peace

Post by Dragonmaster on Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:22 pm

I see that I have to explain what I wrote to seeing I did not go into great detail to explain what I was saying.
                   This is what I wrote.

Their is not one of you that is like me because I am unique. I am special because I am the only one like me and
                    their are no others like me as I am unique. 

First I said "Their is not one of you that is like me because I am unique". Do you see any reference
                    to any one else but myself? I said their is not one of you like me. Sad to say that is true and also it can be said
                    that I am like no one else. Now we brought that to light. It can also be said that everyone is unique and
                    different from me. Did I say that anyone else was not unique? Did I say the my uniqueness made me any better or
                    and worse than anyone else?  Do you see and bragging about what my unique qualities are?

Secondly I said " I am special because I am the only one like me and their are no others like me as I am unique".
                    Now let me take this in it two parts.

Lets take this apart. I am special because I am the only one like me I am unique. No one has my eyes, my hair,
                    my ears and so on. Notice I only refereed to myself. I did not refer to any one else. I did not compare myself
                    to any one else.

Lets take the second part. I said their are no others like me I am unique. I am an individual and I am different
                    from everyone else. I am glad all others are different from me and that they are all unique. Then I said I am unique
                    to emphasize that I am unique.

Last edited by Dragonmaster on Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : just fixing up some changes made when it was saved)
Dragonmaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by VixensVengeance on Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:01 pm

Well thanks for that but that was not what I asked. I asked why do you feel that as apex predators we crave peace?

Dark Initiate
Dark Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grey on Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:40 am

VixensVengeance wrote:

Well thanks for that but that was not what I asked. I asked why do you feel that as apex predators we crave peace?

I can proudly state that peace is something I do not crave, although as my signature states, it is something I wish on my enemies.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re Busy does not equil productive. Er MOr

Post by Dragonmaster on Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:03 pm

From Mortox. Well thanks for that but that was not what I asked. I asked why do you feel that as
                  apex predators we crave peace?

Humans tend to crave the unobtainable. Total peace and tranquility has never been obtained by humans
                  so hence we crave it.

Humans crave that they can not have or what the have never had. Humans can not be satisfied
                   with what they have and crave what they have never had

Lets look at man wanting to fly. We can take that back to roman mythology Well it took a few
                  thousand years and we finally got off the ground in 1903. The ancient Chinese tried to launch
                  a man into space so he could be one with the gods. Now space travel or earth orbit started in the 1960s.

From this one could say we are persistent until we succeed if nothing else. Looking at this from the
                   most positive angle possible man may find peace, tranquility and contentment as some future time.

Mortox yes I can make a positive statement. If you just hurled your cookies I wont take any responsibility for it.
                   If you did hurl your cookies let me know as I could get off on that.

Last edited by Dragonmaster on Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : previev was messed up)
Dragonmaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grey on Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:17 pm

Dragonmaster wrote:                   Mortox yes I can make a positive statement. If you just hurled your cookies I wont take any responsibility for it.
                   If you did hurl your cookies let me know as I could get off on that.

*Mortox is confused* What did I just read?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Manu on Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:24 pm

Well if you cannot understand what on Earth he is talking about, I won't even bother trying to decipher it.

I skipped English class when they taught emo-goth idioms.

Dark Knight
Dark Knight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by VixensVengeance on Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:55 pm

They speak the same language and yet cant understand one another lol. Tells ya something

Dark Initiate
Dark Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

RE VixensVengeance

Post by Dragonmaster on Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:21 pm

I found your last comment as funny as can be. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I could hurt myself laughing.

I will not explain why your comment is so, hilarious.
Dragonmaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by VixensVengeance on Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:41 pm

It's pretty much self explanatory really. Im just a funny chick!

Dark Initiate
Dark Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next