Force Realist Academy
You must be at least 19 years of age to join Force Realist Academy.

Consistency

Go down

Consistency

Post by Micheal on Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:47 pm

As humanity peaks within its strive for dumbing down everything so that everyone can feel good about themselves... one of the greatest casualties has been the concept of consistency.

Be it within an individual.  A group of people.  Or even of a concept. 

Its one of the things I allowed the FA to take away from me... albeit briefly.  Never again.

Consistency breeds reliable people.  Someone who can be expected to do something over and over will be seen as being reliable at that.  Reliability within a thing breeds reliability within other things.

It saddens me that I am unique in typing this and thinking it sad it is by and large gone.  Most are glad to be unconsistent, unreliable.  Such is considered old fashioned.  Until it is needed.

I am reminded of the Houston Riots where rioters protested against cops until BLM showed up and started hurting people... making the people rely on the cops to protect them...

Yes... I know its hard... we all make mistakes... but the push to make mistakes not mistakes only allows for people to reach greater abilities to mess up.

Light Head of Aspect
Light Head of Aspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Consistency

Post by David on Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:27 pm

I think of myself as very consistent. Even when inaccurate, I'm usually consistently so.

Dark Head of Aspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Manu on Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:28 pm

How do you see consistency fading?

Dark Knight
Dark Knight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Micheal on Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:12 am

Take the idea of social justice.

The idea that given a persons skin color and political leanings, you can determine how best to apply law to them.

Here in the US, I have came up with a point scale which demonstrates this.

Liberal +10
Black,Hispanic +5
Muslim/Any anti-Christian belief +3
LGBTQ +3
Female +2
Male -2
Christian -3
White -5
Conservative -10

Apply this to any given individual and you can decide any case regardless of the persons crime.

So a black liberal male kills a white male and we will fight for the black man. Because the black man scores a +2 while the white man scores a -7

This is consistent with social justice.

However, if a white male kills a black male, he will go to jail for racism.

The inconsistency is in how laws are applied as well as how the term racism is applied for social justice in and of itself is the largest usage of racism in the world... particularly because it is accepted.

Light Head of Aspect
Light Head of Aspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by VixensVengeance on Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 am

yes but you cant apply that scale universally so even your scale is inconsistent, something you said you no longer are.

Dark Initiate
Dark Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Micheal on Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:31 am

Rolling Eyes
Do I have to point out that as human beings, by necessity mistakes are made?  Argument otherwise is pathetic and detracts from the need to do our best regardless of what we set our minds to.  Showing bigotries toward any sub group is narrow minded and pathetic.  Social Justice is just generally accepted bigotry.

Light Head of Aspect
Light Head of Aspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by VixensVengeance on Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:00 pm

I didnt say that it wasnt. I just said your scale is inconsistent and therefore something you should abandon in an effort to be more consistent. or are you saying this scale is something that SJW use?

Dark Initiate
Dark Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Micheal on Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:29 pm

I do not attribute either scale to myself but see one as more consistent then the other.

To be clear, very few people could live with my personal mandates of myself and I would never expect anyone to try.

I see Social justice as an attempt to avoid consistency of justice for all in favor of consistency of supporting an ideology. 
Raving against bigotry while publicly embracing it.
Hating smokers while embracing pot.
Hating cops while demanding gun control because only cops can be trusted with guns.
Claiming to want to free people while imposing further government on everyone.
Take a drive through an indian reservation to learn how that goes. (Their is a reservation outside of Globe Arizona... the only stationary structures are the government buildings which look state of the art, or drive into the reservation outside of Gallup NM where to this day you will see a billboard which reads "GED... the mark of excellence", just saw it over the summer)

Light Head of Aspect
Light Head of Aspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Micheal on Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:45 pm

As a function of social justice, I put forth this:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/senator-al-frankens-resignation-is-deeply-unfair

And where I rarely agree with Tomansky, here I agree with him in the fact that Franken should have had a chance to defend himself... but because in a brief moment the moral high ground could benefit the democrats, they preferred the impression they were cleaning house over justice for Senator Franken.

All women should be heard and all accused should have the chance to defend themselves... innocent until proven guilty...not here.

I am a registered republican who routinely votes republican and  agree that Franken is a thorn in Trumps side.  And agree he should have been given the chance to defend himself and not just step down.

Light Head of Aspect
Light Head of Aspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by VixensVengeance on Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:51 pm

Would you say that democratic philosophy in general could just be considered a form of Social Justice advocacy?

Dark Initiate
Dark Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Micheal on Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:21 pm

I guess I have to answer that two ways.
Small d democracy talks to a form of government but I believe you mean large D Democrat as the Democratic party.

So for what I think you mean.  The Democratic philosophy is whatever it needs to be elected.  (Of note, I think Republicans hold the same philosophy)
So they tailor their talking points based on what they think their constituencies want. 
In doing so, both have, to one extreme or another, moved away from the rule of law in favor of whatever will get them elected.

Hence why I agree with Tomansky here and not with his take on what Republicans want.  Because he should have the chance to defend himself... but was not afforded it because of the needs of the party.

Without representatives who follow the rule of law and lets not forget the need to legislate society... society in general can no longer look to anything with consistency... and the starting place would be to throw both parties out... hence my support of Trump who I feel owes allegiance to either.  And right now, for the Democrats, Social justice rings well with their constituents.  So generally yes, and the Republicans keep the door open for if such would benefit them.

Small d...no I cannot say it can in general.
However, the smaller the democracy, the more it is possible.
For example.  If you look at the US as a democracy, their are places which have violence and some which do not... so blaming the democracy for it does not make sense.
If you look more locally though it is possible.  Take the City of Berkley and my little town of Silver City, NM.
You have the riots in Berkley.
That nonsense happened in my town... those who came in to cause violence would leave in body bags.  Mistakenly bringing a club to a gun fight.

Berkley the local democracy allows it because the general belief structure of the area permits it.
Here, it would never be allowed and if a politician in the area allowed them in, they would be taken out on a snake hunt.  (Local term where the politician would find out the snake being hunted... was them)

Light Head of Aspect
Light Head of Aspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by VixensVengeance on Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:07 pm

Yes it was the democratic party I was referring to. Sorry for the vagueness.

I wonder why it is, if they tailor their rhetoric to accommodate what they feel the constituents want, then when they are elected they never actually follow through with those things. Both parties are guilty of this, I agree. Seems such a waste and I'm sure I can answer my own question in the idea that they care more about getting reelected than actually doing any good for the country. I wish they would set term limits for all public officials and I hope Trump can actually drain that stinking swamp.

Dark Initiate
Dark Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Micheal on Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:59 am

Where I am not against term limits... anything new would be welcome.  I am not all too sure it would have the desired effect.

Politicians have 3 motivations:

1.  To get elected.
2.  To stay elected (re-election)
3.  To make money.

And somewhere in there, their constituency comes into play.  I would imagine that a politician thinks they are doing well by those they represent if they either get re-elected, or make money... or a little of column A and B.

Hence why consistency is an important thing to me... as far as politicians go... they never are.  And where I used to think Bernie Sanders was the exception... I have learned of the shenanigans his wife did at the college nearby which makes me think otherwise.

Personally, I think pushing for civics lessons in school is where the focus needs to be.  Re-educating values into our young.

https://thedreyfussinitiative.org/

Is one way of supporting that.  We have done our best to take kids out of valuing family... teaching them to value something other then themselves makes sense to me.

And where I disagree with his politics, I agree with him that if you teach nothing is of value, you raise a group of people who value nothing.

Light Head of Aspect
Light Head of Aspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum