Force Realist Academy
You must be at least 19 years of age to join Force Realist Academy.

Find value in others.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Find value in others.

Post by Micheal on Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:10 pm

I have always applied this within my dojo, I am now finding myself applying it in multiple areas of my life... even to those I do not value.

The purpose of doing such is to affect your future interactions.  In the dojo I do it so as to avoid any negative pre-conceptions which might come up later.  It allows me to continue teaching someone as well as I can without letting any conceptions which are negative to build up.

It is part of martial arts philosophy in the fact that if you find a reason to like someone... it normally takes a lot to alter that perception... where if we see someone negatively off the bat, it tends to color that perception almost as long.

The hard part is trying to do it with people you already have a negative perception of.  In many cases I am having to decide if their presense is of value or not.

And in a few cases I have had to decide they are not.

How many times have I cam to a web board and interacted with someone while I did not value them?  I wonder how that would have changed if I had valued them previously.

For anyone posting here, I want to value you as a person and hope you find value in what I present.  And I hope my example can lead to helping others to have more balanced lives then they do.

Light Head of Aspect
Light Head of Aspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top