Force Realist Academy
You must be at least 19 years of age to join Force Realist Academy.

Atheism

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Atheism

Post by Magnus on Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:01 am

If I am not mistaken, I've seen you post against atheism, Mortox.

Any specific reason why atheism is not acceptable for you?

_________________
"One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious." - C.G. Jung
avatar
Magnus
Dark Initiate
Dark Initiate

Posts : 50
Points : 76
Reputation : 18
Join date : 2017-09-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Atheism

Post by Mortox on Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:11 am

Magnus wrote:If I am not mistaken, I've seen you post against atheism, Mortox.

Any specific reason why atheism is not acceptable for you?

Is Atheism acceptable to me? No, it is not acceptable. However, I will not express hate towards someone who claims to be an Atheist just because they claim to be an Atheist.

_________________
avatar
Mortox
Potentate
Potentate

Posts : 178
Points : 350
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2017-09-01
Age : 33
Location : The Oblate Spheroid, Planet Earth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Atheism

Post by Magnus on Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:56 am

Why is it not acceptable?

_________________
"One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious." - C.G. Jung
avatar
Magnus
Dark Initiate
Dark Initiate

Posts : 50
Points : 76
Reputation : 18
Join date : 2017-09-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Atheism

Post by VixensVengeance on Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:40 am

Why do you say "acceptable" like it's a position or worldview. Atheism is simply the rejection of a claim.
avatar
VixensVengeance
Dark Initiate
Dark Initiate

Posts : 121
Points : 134
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2017-09-23
Age : 42

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Atheism

Post by Mortox on Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:15 am

Magnus wrote:Why is it not acceptable?


[size=36]ac·cept·a·ble[/size]
əkˈseptəb(ə)l/
adjective
[list=lr_dct_sf_sens]
[*]1.
able to be agreed on; suitable.

"has tried to find a solution acceptable to everyone"


[*]2.
able to be tolerated or allowed.

"pollution in the city had reached four times the acceptable level"

synonyms:bearable, tolerable, allowable, admissible, sustainable, justifiable, defensible

"the risk had seemed acceptable at the time"

[/list]

I am using "acceptable", according to its primary definition. Atheism is not something I find agreeable or suitable. Neither do I consider Atheism as a rational position to be taken. 

However, my issue with Atheism does not entirely stem from my disagreement with it as a rational position. It mostly originates as a result of the many "militant Atheists" I have had discussions with and witnessed in discussions, verbally attacking Theists as being "mentally ill" for having a faith, simply because the Atheist has witnessed no evidence for the existence of a deity.

_________________
avatar
Mortox
Potentate
Potentate

Posts : 178
Points : 350
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2017-09-01
Age : 33
Location : The Oblate Spheroid, Planet Earth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Atheism

Post by Magnus on Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:16 pm

[size=35]Ah, I see. In that case you aren't anti-atheists. You're simply anti-people-being-dicks. [/size] Laughing

_________________
"One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious." - C.G. Jung
avatar
Magnus
Dark Initiate
Dark Initiate

Posts : 50
Points : 76
Reputation : 18
Join date : 2017-09-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Atheism

Post by VixensVengeance on Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:12 pm

What is it that has convinced you there is a Deity? How do you define that deity? Like what are its/his/hers characteristics? I'm just curious.
avatar
VixensVengeance
Dark Initiate
Dark Initiate

Posts : 121
Points : 134
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2017-09-23
Age : 42

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Atheism

Post by Mortox on Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:37 pm

VixensVengeance wrote:What is it that has convinced you there is a Deity? How do you define that deity? Like what are its/his/hers characteristics? I'm just curious.

Personal experiences have convinced me. However, it will do me no good to discuss them or the nature of the one I worship in this thread.

_________________
avatar
Mortox
Potentate
Potentate

Posts : 178
Points : 350
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2017-09-01
Age : 33
Location : The Oblate Spheroid, Planet Earth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Atheism

Post by Mortox on Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:38 pm

Magnus wrote:Ah, I see. In that case you aren't anti-atheists. You're simply anti-people-being-dicks.  Laughing

Accurate enough, Magnus.

_________________
avatar
Mortox
Potentate
Potentate

Posts : 178
Points : 350
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2017-09-01
Age : 33
Location : The Oblate Spheroid, Planet Earth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Atheism

Post by VixensVengeance on Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:46 pm

Mortox wrote:
VixensVengeance wrote:What is it that has convinced you there is a Deity? How do you define that deity? Like what are its/his/hers characteristics? I'm just curious.

Personal experiences have convinced me. However, it will do me no good to discuss them or the nature of the one I worship in this thread.

What do you mean by do you no good? I was just curious as to your beliefs?
avatar
VixensVengeance
Dark Initiate
Dark Initiate

Posts : 121
Points : 134
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2017-09-23
Age : 42

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Atheism

Post by Mortox on Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:52 pm

VixensVengeance wrote:
What do you mean by do you no good? I was just curious as to your beliefs?

I understand that you are curious, VixensVengeance. However, I would prefer not to discuss my faith here. Consider private communication?

_________________
avatar
Mortox
Potentate
Potentate

Posts : 178
Points : 350
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2017-09-01
Age : 33
Location : The Oblate Spheroid, Planet Earth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Atheism

Post by David on Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:52 am

Mortox wrote:Consider private communication?
I do wish you would grow out of that. Consider for a moment the difference. What does doing so provide, other than the illusion of secrecy?

There is the pearls to swine argument, but then I've seen you stiff arm several times with the reply that you will not discuss it further.

There must be an identification (key words here) that you are comfortable sharing publicly besides belief in diety.

While my thoughts are on the subject, I'd like to posit that if there is a god, it's the god that is sacred and not an individual's thoughts about the god. This notion of worshiping a diety external to oneself lies clearly in the domain of the RHP'rs. Even if the diety is negative, you are still performing the same functions as them in worshiping.

The LHP has become blind to it's own set of taboos and morality if it remains left handed for very long. Eventually the snake must bite its own tail and disappear altogether. After this dissolution, both paths precipitate all meaning to render self.

This is but one way of using reason to achieve atheism. The process or result does not create animosity toward believers, rather the unfettered feeling of being alive and in the curious position to do with it as you please.

I for one am grateful to organized religion. Some days I believe they are all that keeps my country from tearing itself apart. Furthermore, a majority of news articles that feature someone doing the unthinkable could have been prevented if they knew jesus. It's not for me, but many people need to believe for their own mental health. Why would I take that from them?

_________________
avatar
David
Dark Head of Aspect
Dark Head of Aspect

Posts : 126
Points : 196
Reputation : 20
Join date : 2017-09-01
Age : 39
Location : Southeastern US

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Atheism

Post by Mortox on Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:41 am

David wrote:
Mortox wrote:Consider private communication?
I do wish you would grow out of that. Consider for a moment the difference. What does doing so provide, other than the illusion of secrecy?

There is the pearls to swine argument, but then I've seen you stiff arm several times with the reply that you will not discuss it further.

There must be an identification  (key words here) that you are comfortable sharing publicly besides belief in diety.

While my thoughts are on the subject, I'd like to posit that if there is a god, it's the god that is sacred and not an individual's thoughts about the god. This notion of worshiping a diety external to oneself lies clearly in the domain of the RHP'rs. Even if the diety is negative, you are still performing the same functions as them in worshiping.

The LHP has become blind to it's own set of taboos and morality if it remains left handed for very long. Eventually the snake must bite its own tail and disappear altogether. After this dissolution, both paths precipitate all meaning to render self.

This is but one way of using reason to achieve atheism. The process or result does not create animosity toward believers, rather the unfettered feeling of being alive and in the curious position to do with it as you please.

I for one am grateful to organized religion. Some days I believe they are all that keeps my country from tearing itself apart. Furthermore, a majority of news articles that feature someone doing the unthinkable could have been prevented if they knew jesus. It's not for me, but many people need to believe for their own mental health. Why would I take that from them?


I am Luciferian.

_________________
avatar
Mortox
Potentate
Potentate

Posts : 178
Points : 350
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2017-09-01
Age : 33
Location : The Oblate Spheroid, Planet Earth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Atheism

Post by Magnus on Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:08 am

Theistic Luciferian?

Why do you feel uncomfortable discussing your faith here? You know there are only like 6 of us at this forum, right?

And I am not one to mock.

_________________
"One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious." - C.G. Jung
avatar
Magnus
Dark Initiate
Dark Initiate

Posts : 50
Points : 76
Reputation : 18
Join date : 2017-09-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Atheism

Post by Mortox on Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:10 pm

Magnus wrote:Theistic Luciferian?

Why do you feel uncomfortable discussing your faith here? You know there are only like 6 of us at this forum, right?

And I am not one to mock.

Theistic Luciferian, yes. 

I am uncomfortable discussing my faith here because it is highly personal. Even on Facebook, posts regarding my faith are set to "friends only", with certain ones reserved only for my order; they are not public at all. 

I do not believe in sharing the sacred details of a religion with those who are not part of it. However, I will answer the questions I am able to, if you or others wish to ask.

I also advise you ask these questions and proceed with this discussion in the faith area of this forum.

_________________
avatar
Mortox
Potentate
Potentate

Posts : 178
Points : 350
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2017-09-01
Age : 33
Location : The Oblate Spheroid, Planet Earth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Atheism

Post by David on Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:41 pm

Magnus wrote:You know there are only like 6 of us at this forum, right?
As of now. Things could get wild when I start the podcast.

_________________
avatar
David
Dark Head of Aspect
Dark Head of Aspect

Posts : 126
Points : 196
Reputation : 20
Join date : 2017-09-01
Age : 39
Location : Southeastern US

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Atheism

Post by Magnus on Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:57 pm

David wrote:
Magnus wrote:You know there are only like 6 of us at this forum, right?
As of now. Things could get wild when I start the podcast.

Amen.

_________________
"One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious." - C.G. Jung
avatar
Magnus
Dark Initiate
Dark Initiate

Posts : 50
Points : 76
Reputation : 18
Join date : 2017-09-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Atheism

Post by Micheal on Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:14 am

Where I agree with Mortox, I also disagree with Atheism as a belief system.

For in order for it to remain, it must ignore one inalienable truth.
Devoid of a deity, humanity is then the solution to all of its problems.
This reality is all their honestly is.
Nothing to work towards except the needs of another individual who happened to get a lot of notoriety... and undoubtedly not you for as a norm... the bulk of humanity is not notorious.  It is the rare person who obtains such and by proxy gets placed where their will may be supported by others.
I believe in a deity because I do not wish to rely on my fellow man to do well by me.  History has shown how false this is.
As a shout out to Davids perspective.  Atheism tends to lead towards devolution of morality.  And lack of morals is what leads to lack of belief in the rule of law... in its value... so the more criminality which comes about.

I do not fear an individual who, as long as I do as he or she likes, I can do darn near anything.
But a God who states, "Don't do this or I will utilize my omnipotent and Omnipresent powers to punish you for all eternity" That I cannot get away from.  That I cannot trick.
That is something to fear.  To respect.  And those are morals to engrain.

I can fool another human being regardless of how powerful they are... hell, the more powerful they are, the more likely I am to avoid them.  So who cares?

_________________
"To find out who rules over you, simply find out who you cannot criticize" - Voltaire
avatar
Micheal
Light Head of Aspect
Light Head of Aspect

Posts : 170
Points : 288
Reputation : 22
Join date : 2017-09-05
Age : 47

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Atheism

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum